Prologue

Prologue

Joe and Demi walked in the park laughing while eating their smoothies. The two upcoming high school seniors were walking around the whole neighborhood like usual for summer. They were best friends since the day they were born and haven't been separated. They have admitted to liking each other, but both decided to stay friends for the risk of their friendship. "You're such a dork!" Demi said pushing Joe slightly who was walking his dog, Winston.

"I'm your dork." Joe said cheesily as Demi giggled sipping her smoothie. "My brothers are having some kind of potluck at our house, you wanna come?"

"Sure, when?" Demi asked throwing away her empty cup as Joe did the same.

"In two weeks." He said as Winston slowed his walking and sniffed everything.

"I'll try to be there, but my parents told me they were having some kind of dinner in two weeks. Let's wish that it won't be on the same day." Demi smiled. Joe nodded tugging on Winston's rope. Demi kneeled down and the dog ran in her arms. She giggled as Winston started licking her face. Joe smiled staring at Demi and his dog.

Demi walked in the house and crashed on her bed after this tiring day. She smiled and looked around her room seeing pictures of her and the Jonas Family hung on her walls and on top of her desk. She rolled over and came directly in front of her picture on her nightstand. It was an old picture of her and Joe in their graduation robes after middle school. Demi laughed slightly at the picture next to it which was her sixteenth birthday party last year where her and Joe were in photobooth. They looked serious and foolish at the two pairs of four-stripped pictures. Demi smiled and shook her head drifting off to sleep.

Demi sighed of relief when she noticed that the potluck wasn't the same day as her and her family's dinner. She put her dress on and walked downstairs locking arms with her sister on their way to the restaurant. She lives with her twenty year old sister who feels like her best friend other than Joe.

"Hey dad, hey mom." Demi smiled and hugged her parents.

"Hey sweetie!" Her mom said kissing their cheeks as Demi giggled.

"How's little Maddie?" Demi asked pinching her little sister's cheeks and hugging her.

"She's doing great." She responded as Demi smiled and laughed.

"So what are we doing here?" Dallas, Demi's older sister, asked giving the menu to the waitress after ordering their food.

"We have some news for you, but let's save it after dinner." Demi nodded after her mother's statement.

They're order came as the whole family talked about everything that has happened. "Okay, so what we're about to tell you I hope goes fine." Demi's dad said as desert came.

"What is it dad?" Demi asked wiping the sides of her mouth then putting the napkin back on top of the table.

"Demi we know you won't take this well, but we have to move." Her mom said as Demi's eyes widened. "Move as in move away from Los Angeles."

Jonas Brothers - Black Keys

She walks away, colors fade to gray

Every precious moment's now a waste

She hits the gas, hoping it would pass

The red light starts to flash, it's time to wait

And the black keys, never looked so beautiful

And a perfect rainbow, never seemed so dull

And the light's out, never had this bright a glow

And the black keys are showing me a world I never knew

She hates the sun 'cause it proves she's not alone

And the world doesn't revolve around her soul

She loves the sky 'cause it validates her pride

Never lets her know when she is wrong

And the black keys, never looked so beautiful

And a perfect rainbow, never seemed so dull

And the light's out, never had this bright a glow

And the black keys are showing me a world I never knew

When the walls are closing

Don't let 'em get inside of your head

Don't let them inside...

'Cause the black keys, never looked so beautiful

And a perfect rainbow, never seemed so dull

And the light's out, never had this bright a glow

And the black keys are showing me a world I never knew

Don't let 'em get(Don't let 'em get)

Inside of your head

Don't let 'em get

Inside of your head

Don't let 'em get(Don't let 'em get)

Inside of your head

Don't let 'em get, no

Inside of your head

Sometimes you find

It's better black and white