Two

Chapter Two

"I don't think he took it well." Nick said to Dallas looking at Joe outside. He was sitting on the ground with his face burried in his knees leaning on the panels of the backyard fence.

"Demi didn't either. She didn't want to stay down here so she went home." Dallas replied as Nick sighed.

"We'll really miss you guys." He said sadly as Dallas smiled at him.

"Don't worry. Demi and I will try to find our way back here. She's turning eighteen next month so she can travel on her own." Nick nodded and looked back at Joe. He leaned his head on the fence and shut his eyes probably thinking about Demi.

"Out of all the people why her?" Joe said to himself looking up at the sky.

"If it's meant to be, she'll come back, Joe." Selena said sitting next to him.

"I know, but why now? We have prom, then graduaion, then we'll fill out college forms. This is supposed to be the best year of high school, and she's not here to celebrate it with me." Joe said facing Selena who smiled at him.

"Joe, everything happens for a reason. You've known her for eighteen years, God won't let her walk out of your life." Joe sighed and looked up again.

"I'm gonna miss her." He whispered.

"I'm sure she'll miss you, too." Selena said standing up and tapping his shoulder before walking away.

After the potluck finished Joe immediately walked up to his room. He crashed on his bed holding a picture of him and Demi in Kindergarten when they graduated. He smiled slightly at the memory...

~~~~~

"Mommy, Joe took my lollipop." Demi said to her mom as she laughed. There was a party for all the kindergarteners who came to Demi's school.

"You can have another one." Mrs. Jonas said giving her a huge rainbow colored swirled lollipop.

"Thank you!" Demi said politely as Mrs. Lovato smiled at her.

"That's not fair!" Joe said who was holding his small bite-sized sucker.

"That's your problem Joseph." His mother said as he pouted and Demi giggled.

~~~~~

He chuckled slightly. The graduation after party was one of the higlights of his and Demi's relationship. He sighed and clutched the picture frame to his chest as a tear streamed down his face. "I love you." Joe said to himself, but verbally intended it for Demi.

Joe woke up the next day in a worse mood. He wanted to hang out with Demi since every second that passed by means one second less than seeing her again. He got out of bed and fixed himself up before walking out.

"Hey, Joe. Are you okay?" Nick asked who was eating breakfast on the couch. Joe just nodded and stormed out of the house before anyone else could say anything. Mrs. Jonas looked at Nick for explanations, but he just shrugged completely clueless.

Joe knocked on her door seeing Dallas open it. "Hey." She immediately smiled letting him in.

"Is Demi here?" Joe asked.

"She's in her room." Joe nodded dashing up to Demi's room. He knocked, but no one answered. He opened a small margin and saw the bed already made. He walked in seeing her nowhere, but noticed the window open. He smiled and stepped out to the roof.

"Hey." Demi jumped slightly and smiled at Joe as he sat next to her.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Demi asked.

"I wanted to spend everyday with you. I want this summer to last as long as it can, Demi." He said as Demi smiled. "Okay, so I don't know if you want to, but I'm going bowling with Selena and Nick later, you wanna come?"

"Sure, but I'm hungry." She said standing up as Joe chuckled. "House of Pancakes." She stated as Joe nodded and followed her back inside. They walked by Dallas, "We're going to House Of Pancakes. Do you want to come with us? We haven't eaten anything for breakfast."

"Okay," was all she said and grabbed her car keys.

"Aha!" Selena and Demi shouted at the boys who were behind their score. Nick rolled his eyes  while Joe chuckled.

"It's our turn. We're gonna kick your asses, trust me." Joe said taking a twelve pound bowling ball.

"Okay, then let's make a bet." Selena smirked.

"I'm listening." Nick said sitting up.

"Losers get to buy us drinks and food for the rest of the night." She said as Joe nodded.

"That's fair." Joe said holding up the ball then rolled it. He knocked down six pins on the first throw and four on the second landing a spare. "Beat that!" He gloated as Demi laughed and grabbed a bowling ball.

She let go and knocked down all the pins, strike! "I just did." She said as Joe sighed and slouched down in shame. Selena laughed and rolled another strike. The game went on with the boys losing at the end making them buy all the food.

"You win this time." Joe said drinking his soda.

"Pssh, we win all the time." Demi stated biting her pizza as Joe rolled his eyes. Selena giggled and high-fived Demi. Joe smiled making every second last with Demi.

"Good night, Dems." Joe said hugging Demi on her doorstep.

"Good night, Joseph." She said a Joe chuckled and kissed her cheek before heading to his house. Demi blushed slightly and shook her head walking inside her house.

"What's up with your face?" Dallas pointed out stating Demi's huge grin. She shook her head and giggled.

"Nothing." Demi said sitting on the couch.

"What'd you guys do today?" She asked.

"We went bowling."

"That's all?"

"Yup, and we ate food, but that's it." Demi said as Dallas sighed. She walked upstairs and walked in her bathroom seing a see-through drawer. It was a drawer of Joe's clothes in case he wanted to stay over. Demi smiled and changed in her pajamas and walked to her bed sleeping with a smile on her face.

Today was a good day, but she doesn't know what's coming next.