17

"Put the bag down Dean!" I said has we were fighting and throwing clothes into bags.

"You're out of your damn mind if you think you're doing this alone." Dean said has he threw his clothes in a bag.

Has he put them in the bag I was taking them out. "Adeline, we need to talk about this. We can figure something out." Sam said and I heard more doors opening around the house.

I looked at Cass across the room and I knew I wasn't able to just walk out, not while everyone was like this.

"Find me." I said to him and quickly grabbed my bag.

I knew angels and demons alike were able to transport, but I've never worked on that power. Has I threw my bag over my shoulder, I closed my eyes and focused everything I had to transport. I wanted  go to the old motel that was a half hour away from here, and has I opened my eyes I was standing in the parking lot of that motel.

"Good for me." I said and has I started to walk towards the cars, I noticed how exhausted I was from using that power.

"It's takes practice." Cass said suddenly behind me.

I jumped back, blade pulled and then relaxed when I saw it was him. "Give a girl notice next time." I said has I walked over to a car and quickly broke in.

Has I started the car, Cass sat in the passenger seat and I was on the road.

"I know you didn't want to just enjoy the road trip with me, so why don't you tell me what you're hiding from me? What's the catch on this mission?" I asked.

"What I said was true about the rings and the cage, but nothing comes without a price." Cass said.

I gripped the steering wheel tighter, "What's the price for trapping Lucifer?" I asked.

"I don't know, it's never been done before. I didn't want to tell you in front of your family because I don't believe they would've like the answer." Cass said.

"They wouldn't, but I knew there would be a catch. There always is." I said.

We sat there for a moment and has I looked over to Cass, he was just staring at me. "Promise me something." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Protect my family. Watch over all of them. I need them to be okay, I need them to move on with their lives." I said has I tried to look at him between keeping my eyes on the road.

Cass tilted his head slightly, "Head to Sacramento." He said and then just vanished from the car.

"Son of a bitch." I muttered has I went back to driving.

This car didn't have the same CD's that baby had. All that would play is the new today's hits and it was driving me crazy. I miss the rock music blaring through the speakers, I miss gripping one of Dean's hands has the other was on the steering wheel, I miss the kids in the cheap car seats in the back of the Impala has they clapped when ACDC came on.

The drive was long, a whole 24 hours, and I knew I couldn't stop. I didn't want anyone to catch up with me, I just wanted everyone to stay home and stay safe.  My phone hasn't stopped blowing up and I couldn't let myself check the voicemails. I only stopped a few times just to down a few cups of coffee.

The city finally came into view and Castiel popped back into my passenger seat. "Hello Adeline." He said and I almost jerked the wheel.

"You can't keep doing that!" I yelled has I straightened the car back out.

"You're about to face Famine and Pestilence." Cass said.

"Still not going to talk about the entrances?" I said has I stared out the windshield.