》10. You're just the coolest person I've ever met《

Chapter 10: You’re just the coolest person I’ve ever met

I covered my mouth with my hand as I stopped screaming. The initial shock of seeing Aiden sat on my bed passed and I straightened, my pulse still racing.

“What in God’s name are you doing here?” I exclaimed.

Aiden sat frozen before me, his eyes wide in bewilderment and confusion. He stood up.

“Where the hell did you come from?” He asked, his tone laced in disbelief. “I was just waiting in here for you and you were definitely not here. You just... appeared.”

I held back a laugh at his utter confusion and smiled. I pointed to my watch. “It’s a teleportation device.”

Realisation dawned in his hazel eyes and he flickered his gaze from my watch to me. “That is so freaking cool.”

Before he could ask me the hundreds of questions I knew he probably had, I raised my hand to stop him. Grabbing his arm, I tugged him along with me to my closet and pushed him inside, shutting the door.

“Woah, what are you doing. I mean I know I’m hard to resist, but we’ve only known each other for a week and–“

I flicked his forehead to stop his remark and let go of his arm. “Shut up. This is important,” I stated and took a seat on the spacious wooden floor.

Aiden raised his eyebrows and mirrored my actions. I took the paper out of my jeans pocket and laid the blueprint out in between us. I pointed to the circles.

“This is a layout of your house and the area surrounding it. These circles are all the security cameras. These highlighted areas are the blind spots where no camera can reach.”

Aiden stared at me in confusion. “Why are you telling me this?”

“Because your house isn’t safe.”

At my words, Aiden's shoulders tensed in a sign of panic. I sighed and glanced down at the sheet.

“Don’t panic. And act normal because they don’t know we know.”

“Who are they?” Aiden questioned.

“My team and I think one of the workers here is working undercover for the people after your dad. It could be one or more. That blackout from yesterday wasn't a technical difficulty but a process in hacking into your security system. Someone is watching everything that happens in this house.”

“That's so fucking creepy,” Aiden shuddered.

I grimaced. “I know. For now we need to act like we don’t know so we're one step ahead. The person is most likely aware of me being your bodyguard but we need to keep acting like I’m a family friend. These blind spots are where we can discuss things like this without being watched or overheard.”

I watched as Aiden absorbed all this information and peered down at the blueprint. His brows wrinkled in confusion.

“Why are we in your closet then? There’s no camera in your room or outside this hallway.”

I shrugged. “Had to be sure and this discussion seemed like it had to be done in a confined space. Although this closet is a room on its own,” I claimed and glanced around the spacious room.

Aiden chuckled and stood up, giving me a hand. “So we just act normal?”

I tucked the blueprint into my pocket. “Yes. I’ll tell your parents once your dad gets home from work.”

Aiden nodded and we both stepped out of my closet. I froze when I found Mary standing near the room door. Her eyes widened when she saw both me and Aiden exit the closet together and amusement flashed across her eyes.