Chapter 56

I know I have not updated for a while. I am so sorry.

Lola's room was not in the state she would have ever wanted it to be. Layers of dust covered everything. The room was dark with just partial rays of light struggling to filter in through the curtains. The queen size bed had no bed sheet on it yet the pillows were organised.

"Why is my room still unkempt?" She asked, her eyes raking through the expanse.

"I will order a maid to do the cleaning" Her mother replied.

"I will be in the family room" She started to head out.

"Lola"

"I am not in the mood to talk, mommy" She cut her mother off before she could talk any further.

There was no serious injury aside from the one on her head. There is some stupid bandage wrapped around her head. The injury will leave a scar and she hated the thought of it. Makeup will be in its best use. She will have to mask it until its fades away. She grinded her teeth, closing her fist into a ball. What had happened is still not clear to her. What she knew was her mother was screaming and the staffs pulled her out of her car which she had driven into the water fountain, smoke emitting from the bonnet. This is all Joshua's fault. Had he not annoyed her, she won't be the way she is.

The man is out of his mind. He sent the money. He expects her, Lola Kola-Daisi, to go to the market or whatever to shop for food. How dare he? The idiot sent the money. She will have to divorce him. That's just the best thing to do. She can't sit in a marriage where a man would think he can control her, tell her what to do and what not to do. If she chooses not to cook, he should bear with it. And what was he thinking when he wanted to marry her, that she was a wife material? She huffed. But divorcing him will mean.....She tapped her finger against her jaw. She can't divorce him. A lot will go down with their divorce. The best thing is if Joshua divorces her willing and the man is a stubborn donkey. He won't release her anytime soon. Even if they go to court, he might win the case. She hurried a frustrated hand through her sleek tresses.

Did she make a mistake by agreeing to marry Joshua? But that was the best thing to do at the moment. Had she not done it, then......she let out a heavy breath. She is stuck. Stuck in a marriage where the man thinks she should be licking his feet. A slight knock on the door got her attention. Lola rolled her eyes at the sight of her mother.

"I said I want to be alone"

"I can't let you be alone when you had nearly killed yourself" Cynthia strode into the room.

"I did not try to kill myself. The brake failed"

"That's not what the mechanic said"

She let out an angry groan. "I don't care about what you believe in"

The sofa sank next to her. Lola shifted away at the presence of her mother. "What's wrong?"

"Can you believe what Joshua said?

"What has he done this time around?"

Lola laughed as the memories rushed into her head. "He want me" She slapped her chest. "Me, Lola, to engage myself in household chores, cook, do the laundry and reduce the way I interact with men. Not just that, he does not like the skimpy clothes I wear"

"Is he mad?"

"I think he is. For if he is not, he won't spew such bullshit!"

"But you hired two maids. Are they not enough?"

"He wants me to do the cooking, clean the house and also shop for foodstuffs" She laughed again. "He expects me to shop for groceries. I don't shop for foodstuffs. I shop for clothes, bags and anything that will beautify me and not foodstuffs"