Chapter Thirty-Eight

"But I'm rich," Jonah argued. "We're rich. We can buy any house anywhere, we can get Daisy into any private, prestigious school in America, buy her everything she needs, everything you need."

"One day you're gonna run out of money," I pointed out, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "If you don't manage your Hollywood well enough, you're gonna end up bankrupt. There are a lot of celebrities who ends up in the street."

"Like who?" he challenged.

"Like... like... I don't know!" I huffed. "You can Google it. 'Celebrities who fell off'. It's real! Buzzfeed probably has an article on it."

"Well I, for sure, am not going to waste all money that I have for drugs and gambling and stuff like that."

"Which is awesome because you're a married man with a kid."

He rolled his eyes. "All I'm saying is; we both want the best for our kid, don't we? And I'm not stupid. And if I were a Hollywood star, I know I wouldn't have fallen off."

I groaned. "Just because you're some rich and famous dude at the moment doesn't mean you're gonna be forever."

"Let's just pretend that I am," he said with a smirk. "So make up your mind. First things first; where do we live?"

I sighed. "I'm gonna cross off all the huge ass mansions you put down on the list," I warned.

He tsked. "You're not fun."

"We don't need a castle to live! There's only three of us! Unless we're Brad and Angelina, then a medium-sized normal house will do."

"But that's so boring. I'm a movie star. Don't you want a personal gym? Home theater? Indoor pool? A bar and a high-class chef in the house? Or maybe even a personal salon and spa in the house ready twenty-four-seven?" he persuaded.

I scoffed. "I can go to the normal salon and spa that normal people go to."

"Well I don't wanna share my gym with random people and get paparazzi pointing at my face!"

"I'm sure there's some private celebrity gym of some sort that A-list stars go to," I waved off.

He rolled his eyes at me.

"Jonah, think about it. Do you really honestly think that you would need all that? If you basically have anything in the house then you won't have a reason to go out and actually have a social life that isn't just for some stupid publication. Think about Daisy! If she has everything she needs in the house, buy her all the toys and Barbies and fancy dresses she won't go out and hang out with her friends like normal kids! We shouldn't be spoiling her rotten or she's gonna grow up into a brat. It's unhealthy," I reasoned.

"Fine," he huffed.

"Come on, don't be a baby," I said, teasingly. "We're gonna buy a comfortable, homey house that the three of us can live in. Sure, of course, it can be a larger house than our actual, real-life houses, but you don't need a personal chef. You can already cook for yourself."

"Can I at least have a pool?"

I sighed. "Alright. Fine."

He grinned. "And gym?"

"No."

His grin dropped, but he didn't object. "What about the home theater?"

"No!"

He looked even more disappointed, but I didn't care. "How many cars do we have?"

"At least one for you and one for me," I said with a shrug. "I don't need a fancy car but you probably do, so whatever. I'm not good with cars. At least it shouldn't be more expensive than our house."