Epilogue

Author's Note: This whole epilogue does not feature J.D. at all. This is mostly for those of you who want a proper beginning to it and not just jumping the story in at "Fight For Me", or for those of you who are rusty with your Heather's knowledge. Basically, if you do not want to read the beginning of Heathers: The Musical with slight tweaks then just skip this and go to Chapter One once it is out. That will have actual J.D. Content in it. That's all for now, enjoy! Also slight trigger warning for eating disorders.

Your POV:

September 1st, 1989

Dear Diary:

I believe I'm a good person. You know, I think there's good in everyone, but - here we are! First day of senior year! And uh...I look around at all these kids that I've known all my life and I ask myself - what happened?

I closed my diary, set down my pencil, and looked around at all my peers walking around me. It was baffling how much we had changed in such little time. People who once chased each other playfully during tag were now hunting each other down in a much more sadistic version of tag. People who were once friends were now enemies because of how they dressed, what they liked, how they looked, etc.

I sighed and closed my eyes, leaning back on the stair behind me as I was sitting on the steps. I silently wished things could go back to the way they were when we were younger; when we were kinder. I was brought out of my thoughts by a rumble about to happen about 7 feet away from where I was sitting.

Ram Sweeney, one of the school's football players, was about to beat up some freshman for what was most likely a very stupid reason. Ram had the freshman by the collar when Ms. Fleming, one of the teachers, came in to break up the fight. Although the fight was broken up, we all knew that this was just postponing the inevitable. Ram walked off with his friend, Kurt Kelly, and the freshman disappeared into the sea of people. What Martha saw in him, I have no idea...

Oh yeah, Martha! Martha and I have been friends since, well, close to forever. She is just so sweet and innocent...However, she has pretty terrible choice in men. Ram doesn't deserve someone like Martha.

Speaking of Martha, I had just started my way down the hall when I ran into her. We had made arrangements for a movie night. The movie? One of Martha's favorites; The Princess Bride. It would make sense that she would like a movie like that. She even stated herself that she's a sucker for a happy ending.

I went into the bathroom when I found them; The three Heathers. Heather McNamara. Heather McNamara was the head cheerleader and her daddy just so happened to sell engagement rings, making her rich. Heather Duke. Heather Duke didn't really have a personality that I could tell, however her breasts "grew" suspiciously big suspiciously fast. Finally was the leader; Heather Chandler. She was a mythic bitch. 

Everyone in the school admired the Heathers. No one even dared as to look at a Heather the wrong way, let alone try to go and pick on them. I wanted to be one so bad. So very bad. It would be nice for one day, just one day, to not be made fun of or totally ignored. If only...

I might've been eavesdropping when I heard Ms. Fleming come into the bathroom. She was going to gives the Heathers detention when I quickly forged a pass for all four of us. Did I mention I was pretty good at forgery? It's not something I do often unless I need to.  

Anyway, she looked over the hall pass and dismissed us after handing us back the pass.

"This is an excellent forgery..." Heather Chandler said, examining the fake-pass closely. She looked up from the slip of paper and at me. "Who are you?"

"U-Uh," I stammered, "(Y/N) (L/N). I want a request."

"What request?"

"Um...Just let me sit with you guys at lunch, just once. You don't even need to talk to me or anything. If everyone here thinks that you guys are cool with me they'll leave me alone."

My request was greeted with cackling in my face from all three Heathers. Thinking quickly, I offered that I could do other forgeries other than just this one hall pass.

Heather Duke piped up quickly and asked, "What about prescriptions?" to which Heather Chandler quieted her. Heather Chandler inspected by face closer.

"For a greasy little nobody," She said after a while, "you do have good bone structure."

"And a symmetrical face," Heather McNamara said. "If I took a meat cleaver down the center of your skull, I'd have matching halves. That's very important." I decided to take that comment as a compliment.

"Of course," Heather Duke brought up in a condescending tone, "you could stand to loose a few pounds."

Heather Chandler then started to circle around me. "And you know, you know, you know, this could be beautiful. Mascara, maybe some lip gloss and we're on our way. Get this girl some blush, and Heather I need your brush! Let's make her beautiful."

The Heathers then gave me a full makeover, even including my outfit. I felt like I was a dress up doll. However, by the end of it I looked stunning.

Once it came lunch time, I strutted out with the Heathers. Everyone kept looking at me, jaws dropped. I blushed but tried to look confident. I wasn't used to all these people ogling over me. I did feel bad though, however, because I left Martha alone.

Days went by and I was never told to leave. I got to stay with the Heathers, but it did come with the cost of having little to no time for Martha. I felt horrible for leaving Martha behind but I was sure she wanted me to do this. After all, this was my chance of being popular after years of being invisible to my peers. It was exciting to say the least.

The Heathers usually had me use my forgery skills for stuff I didn't feel was right, yet I didn't ever tell them I thought so. I didn't want to push them and risk being unpopular again.

The line was drawn one day when the Heathers found out about Martha's crush on Ram.

The Heathers wanted me to forge a love note for Martha from Ram. I made one as a joke then immediately tried to throw it away, however I wasn't allowed to. They insisted, demanded I give the letter to Martha and I refused.

I was weak though and I let my thirst for popularity get the better of me and, soon enough, Martha had gotten the note. She was so happy once she had it, which the Heathers found to be hilarious. I didn't and I wished I would've stood my ground. I didn't want to see Martha's big heart get broken by the Heathers and I.

My life with the Heathers was pretty rocky, until one fateful day in the cafeteria...

TO BE CONTINUED...

(Well, okay, Chapter One will start next time I guess would be a better way to phrase it...oh well)