Chapter Three - Beautiful Together

VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE HERE: Hey guys, so sorry I haven't updated for...*Looks at the last time this was edited* 3 MONTHS!? Jeez, I didn't think I left for that long. Well anyway, sorry I was gone for 3 freaking months. I'm gonna be honest with y'all, I seriously forgot about this. Anyway, I'm back now for however long and yeah. December should be a time of frequent updates. So I'm leaving the original Author's Note in here because honestly I'm too lazy to take it out XD Also I got a crap ton of new readers in my absence, so, sorry guys for being gone :(

Author's Note - Hey everyone! Just making sort of a Chapter 2.5 with this! Basically this is fleshing  out you and J.D.'s relationship before "Dead Girl Walking" happens. This takes place during the party from J.D.'s perspective. (I think this is my first time writing as him, SOUND OFF THE PARTY TRUMPET) I'll try not to make him sound too out of character, but this is gonna be kind of fluff almost. :o So here we go...

J.D.'s Perspective

I watched her being dragged off and sucked on my straw slowly. She wasn't like other girls, no, not really. I mean she still caked her face in make-up, let her friends control her, and other annoying girl traits, but she was...I guess witty is the word to describe her.

I sighed and leaned against the snack counter, stirring my straw to soften up my slushie a bit. Lowering my lips, I took another sip while thinking again. She was definitely not Heather material, I had no idea why she hung around them. It didn't make sense to me, especially since the Martha girl seemed to be almost like an old friend to her. She didn't seem like someone to let popularity go to her head.

The chill from my drink danced across my tongue until I felt a sharp pain, almost like my brain had been cut in half. Brain freeze was the only thing I could think of while this happened because, obviously, I was having one. I clenched my eyes tight as the pain seemed to spread.

Eventually it went away and I returned back to thinking about (y/n).

She sure was acting weird around me, constantly giggling or fidgeting around. I think I read in a book once that means that she was nervous. I wondered why...Wishful thinking led me to believe she had a crush on me, reality brought me down and instead presented me with the idea that I scared and intimidated her.

(Y/N) was very pretty. (Long/Medium/Short) hair that was (H/C). Truly stunning. She also had the cutest (E/C) eyes that had just the tiniest spark of hope and childhood wonder left in them. I often found myself giving her slight glimpses in classes.

I'm glad she walked in here today, it was nice getting to talk to her. She seemed like out of everyone here, she would be the most reasonable about everything. Maybe one day, if I had enough courage, I would ask her out...

I wonder if she would ever leave me for another man. I would obviously bring down her image in the school, and she might not be the woman I thought she was. It's entirely possible she would dump me for someone more popular.

I rethought my question and realized that if I wanted to go out with her, I would have to have the most faith in her. As I went over all the ways to ask (Y/N) out in my head, I eventually ran out of slushie. Absentmindedly, I tossed the empty cup in the garbage and left. Hands in pockets I strolled down the street, all the long way back to the place I called home.

The breeze brushed against my skin, giving me goosebumps. Shivering, I receded further into my leather coat. It was a long walk home. The whole time my thoughts were bombarded by (Y/N). It was like she found a way to invade my thoughts and every time I tried to think of something that wasn't related to her, she changed it back to herself.

Eventually I made it back to my crappy house. Dad had been out as usual, most likely drinking. I slugged up to my room and collapsed onto my bed. Slowly peeling off my clothes until I was in just my tank top and boxers. I slowly drifted off to sleep thinking of (Y/N) and having dreams about her.

Then it happened...