Part Two

It was a good time to live for Gaylord Robinson, mainly because his next door neighbors, the Wattersons, hadn't pestered him with their usual antics in the last seven months. Their two boys, Gumball and Darwin, had gone missing; and, as uncaring as it was for him to admit it, their disappearance was the best thing that had ever happened to Mr. Robinson.

He stepped out that afternoon to water his lawn, when he spotted a strange object sitting on the Wattersons' lawn. It was a tall, flat black rectangular solid of some type – reminded him a lot of those old VHS tapes the kids used to watch movies on.

Mr. Robinson didn't pay much mind to it, until three individuals ran out of the Wattersons' house.

He hardly believed his eyes when he saw two of them to be Gumball and Darwin.

No! They can't be back now! Not when things are so peaceful!

Luckily, the boys were too occupied with whoever their new friend was. A crazy-eyed blonde with a sparkly smile; she looked young enough to be Gumball and Darwin's big sister (unless Nicole and Richard took up adopting another poor soul to their insane family).

What bothered Gaylord the most was how the three walked into the solid.

It was like magic. A pair of doors opened on the oversized domino block, permitting them entry into a seemingly bigger space inside the flat structure.

But what was the more perturbing thing was how it disappeared thereafter.

Just like that, seven months of peace ended, and Gaylord Robinson was sent rushing back into his home and yelling for his wife.

----------------

"So, let me get this straight," Gumball said. "That old dude we saw on T.V., robbing a bank without proper facial obstruction to hide his identity – other than a pair of sunglasses – used to be your boyfriend?"

"That's right," Cara spoke from within the wardrobe room.

Gumball and Darwin stood by the doorway, waiting for her to change into a disguise to avoid being recognized when she confronted Rick Sanchez at the Bank of Elmore.

"But he looks twice your age," Darwin indicated.

"Or the age you would be, if you were...you know...human," Gumball elaborated.

"My relationship with Rick stemmed from my first regeneration," Cara stated. "I called myself 'Sonia' then. I had a strange taste in men, from a one-eyed pirate to a burping, drooling old man like Rick Sanchez."

She finally stepped out with her disguise: a large red-and-white-striped shirt that drooped beneath her shoulders, a bobble hat worn over a black wig, and rounded glasses.