Rosa {1}

Stairs or elevator? Too many people are waiting for the elevator, I thought to myself before dashing up the stairs to get to work which I was late to. I was going to get a serious scolding from Captain Holt and probably teased by the rest of the team for being this late. Sure I've been a few minutes late before but never 45 minutes late! Because I got up so late I wasn't able to properly get ready. I had a messy topknot with a dress shirt, blazer and black jeans on. No makeup today and I'm sure some of the buttons on my shirt weren't buttoned properly. I jogged up the stairs and tried thinking of an excuse to use as to why I was late but nothing good came to mind.
I reached the door to the precinct and swung it open. Everyone turned to me and right there standing at my desk with his watch out was Captain Holt. Jake snickered at me as I passed his desk to which I responded by knocking an action figure as I walked passed. Sure it was nothing serious. Jake, Gina and I were friends since we were kids. We all used to hang out at Nana's apartment.

"Detective Y/N. what is the meaning of this? You are 45 minutes late." He said in his monotonous voice. Behind him I could see the other detectives moving in closer to hear our conversation as to what had made me so late. Quick! Think!

"I- uh. I was doing stuff." As I finished my sentence the elevator doors opened with a loud "ding" and out stepped Rosa.

"Yeah sup guys, I'm stuff." My brown eyed beauty walked over to Captain Holt and I. She intertwined her hand with mine and gave me a quick wink.  The room became so quite that we heard Skully and Hitchcock's cookie crumbs hitting the floor. Everyone was wide eyed. Especially me! Rosa and I had both agreed we weren't going to mention our relationship to our colleagues until next month!

"From this interaction, I believe Detective Diaz and Detective Y/L/N are telling us that they have had sexual intercourse and are in a relationship." I started blushing hard at this statement. Soon I was surrounded by the arms of all of my friends.

"I can't believe this is finally happening!" Charles cheered as he jumped in the air. "Wait how long has this been happening?" Rosa and I both looked at each other sheepishly. It was Rosa who decided to respond.

"Around 5 months. Now you have one minute exactly to ask us questions then that's it. Got it? Go."

"How'd you hide it for so long?"

"Well it was really hard but mainly we just made sure one of us got to work before the other." And sent flirty texts throughout the day so we didn't say anything to each other out loud, but no one needs to know that.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"We didn't want to be treated differently. And also we didn't want to see Charles pull out the wedding binders."

"Too late! Also I'm offended." Charles responded to Rosa's dig at him. "Speaking of... are you going to get married?"

"Hmm maybe someday. Who knows." The timer on Rosa's phone said 10 seconds were left on the question asking portion of the day.  Amy came in with the last question.

"Do you guys love each other?" Everyone waited with anticipation. I glanced at Rosa while biting my lip and giving her hand a squeeze.

"Well, I know how I feel. I definitely love her." I admitted to my group of friends.

"And I love her."