Last bonus chapter: Goodbye Cason

Ava
10 years later
Little Levi's now 10, the twins are 13, and Ben is 17. In just one year he's going to be running this gang. I just had my 23 birthday. Okay yeah I'm actually 34. I know I'm so old! But Cason is 36. Cason is at the gang house doing paperwork and shit while I stay here with the kids.

"Hey mom?" Bentley asks coming out of his room.

"Hm" I hum

"Can I invite my girlfriend over"

"Girlfriend!" I stand up "what's she like? Is she nice? Does she have kids? How old is she? How long have you been dating?"

"Mom" he rolls his eyes and sighs "she has blonde hair, brown eyes, she's very nice, she's beautiful. She doesn't have any kids. She's 16. And we've been dating for about 6 months" he informs me. I smile.

"Of course you can. What's her name?"

"Noelle"

"Pretty name"

"Pretty girl" he smiles and walks back to his room. I sit back down on the couch and text Cason, telling him about Noelle. He doesn't answer but I don't think anything of it and continue watching my movie.
About a half hour later the doorbell rings and Ben comes running out of his room.

"I'll get it!" He opens the door and a really pretty girl steps inside.

"Hi" she waves to me. I walk over to her to introduce myself.

"Hi. I'm Ben's mom, Ava"

"Noelle" she smiles. They walk to his room.

"Door open!" I yell but he shuts it anyway. I laugh to myself and go into Levi's room.

"Hey mom" He greets me

"Hey baby. Did you see your brother's girlfriend?" I ask him

"No. I saw two girls kissing today. Why were they doing that?" He asks me. I know who's he's talking about.

"Because they're lesbians, sweetheart" I tell him

"Is two guys kissing lesbian?"

"No, that's called gay"

"Can I be gay?"

"Anything you want"

"Good, cuz there is this really handsome boy in my class" he tells me

"What about that girl you liked?" I ask

"I only liked her cuz I thought I could only like girls!" He tells me. I laugh and get up.

"Alright baby" I shake my head and walk into the twins' room.

"Mom!" Oakley scolds "knock before you come in!"

"Yeah. It's annoying" Elowen rolls her eyes.

"Sorry. Did you see your brother's girlfriend?" I ask they both look at me.

"No! I'm gonna go meet her!" El says and gets up.

"Don't forget to knock, El" Oak mocks me. I roll my eyes and go back out to the living room. As I'm watching tv lights catch my eyes. I look outside and see red and blue lights. Fuck. I walk over to the door and open it.

"Mrs. Dodge?" A male officer asks.

"Yeah" I say softly.

"I regret to inform you that your husband, Mr. Cason Dodge has been shot and killed......." I don't hear anything other than that. What. No. This can't be. He stops talking.

"What" I look behind me and see all four of my kids and Noelle. Ben walks over to me and gives me a hug.

"Do you know who shot him?" Ben asks.

"Uhm. Yes. Lucas Lee? Does that name mean anything to you?" My heart stops. Everything goes black.

"Mom? Mom." El slaps me lightly on the cheek.

"I'm so sorry. I'm supposed to be your rock" I cry to my kids.

"No, mom it's okay" El tells me, she's been crying. I look around and Noelle's gone, Ben is holding Oak and Levi is asleep on the couch next to him. I sit up and pull El into a hug. "I love you all so much"

Every year at exactly 7:32pm on August 17th we send balloons off into the air.
"Goodbye Cason"
___________________________