38. I'll try to keep you safe... I promise

Tom's POV:

I woke up... My head was hurting. I slowly opened my 'eyes' and looked up. My vision was blurry and it was a bit dark. After a while, my vision cleared and I looked around. I didn't know, where I was. But I knew...it wasn't my apartment.

I was about to stand up, but I realized I was tied to a chair. At this point I started freaking out. "E-Edd? Matt? Anyone?" I called, my voice raspy. "T-Tom..?" I heard a familiar voice. Edd! I looked to my right and saw him. He was tied to a chair as well.

"Edd! What happened? Are you okay? And where's Matt?" I asked him. "I'm okay and Matt's still passed out next to me. But I can't remember anything that happened..." He answered. I sighed. Then we heard a groan coming from Matt.

"Urg... What... Where am I..?" He asked. "Matt? Are you alright?" Edd asked him. Matt opened his eyes and looked at us. "Y-yeah, I guess." He answered. It was quiet for a while when Matt suddenly gasped. "Tord!"

We looked at him, confused. "What..?" I asked him. "C-can't you remember? H-he kidnapped us!" He said with a terrified look on his face. My 'eyes' widened. 'Now that I think about it...yes... I...remember... I remember!' I thought.

"Oh yeah! B-but why? Where is he? And why did he do this to us!?" I asked. "I...don't know... But I remember him saying that he's sorry and that he...doesn't want to do this...? Or something like that." Edd said.

I was about to say something when a door opened. We all froze, but then quickly pretended to be still passed out. I heard footsteps approaching me and a sigh.

"Here they are... I did what you told me to do..." I heard a familiar voice... And I recognised that accent... Tord... "Hmm. Good." I heard another voice say. Though, I didn't recognise that one. "W-what do you want to do with them..?" Tord asked.

The other one chuckled. "Oh, don't worry about it..." The man said. "B-but...why? Why? Why do you hate them so much..?" Tord asked in a quiet voice... He sounded scared... The man groaned. "Because they ruined everything!" He said.

"B-but they didn't do anything bad!" Tord said. I was confused. 'What is happening? Did we do something wrong? What does Tord have to do with this? And who is the other man?' I thought to myself, but still didn't move or speak.

"Yes... They did. I wanted you to be a powerful leader of a powerful army. I wanted you to be strong and emotionless. I wanted you to be strong. And not. To make friends!" He yelled. I shivered. Army...

"B-but-" The man cut him off. "No! No son of mine will have friends! My son is suppose to lead an army, to control the world! Not to be social, make friends and be so emotional! You are so weak! And it's only thanks to them!" He continued.

Tord stayed silent. "They did this to you! It's their fault! I thought that maybe the mission with the giant robot you could actually destroy them. Kill them. And. You. Failed!" The man continued to yell. ...Giant robot..?

"B-but... It's not their fault... I just-" "Shut up!" The man yelled. I could hear footsteps echoying through the room and the door slam shut. I heard Tord sigh. "Guys... I....am so sorry... I hope I can help you somehow..." He said.

It was quiet for a moment before I heard the footsteps leaving. Part of me wanted to tell him to stop and explain why we were here and what was going on, but I was frozen in place. I didn't want to move.

"W-what was that suppose to mean..?" Edd asked. I opened my 'eyes' again and looked at him. "I have no idea... But...is it true that he doesn't want to hurt us? And what did the other man mean by 'They ruined everything'? I don't understand!" I said.

Matt sighed. "Me neither."

Tord's POV:

I was in my room, crying once again. I felt so weak. So powerless. What have I done to my friends? I sighed and took a deep breath. I reached for my...new friend... I grabbed it and stared at it for a moment before rolling up my sleeve.

I sighed. I was about to stab it in my arm, but I heard a knock on the door. Before I could hide the knife, the door opened and Patryck with Paul came in. Thay gasped when they saw me. I threw the knife away and wiped my tears. "G-guys, what do you need..?" I asked them.

Patryck ran up to me and grabbed my arm. I yelped in pain. "Ouch! Stop that!" I said. He stared at my cuts. I sighed and looked away. "...Why?" Paul asked. I didn't respond. "Tord... Is it about...them..?" Patryck asked. I just nodded, avoiding eye contact with them.

"Tord, we told you we'll help you!" Paul said. I looked at him with tears falling down my face. "No! There's nothing you can do to help! He wants to do who knows what with them! He'll maybe kill them or badly injure them! Or-" I was cut off by Patryck hugging me.

I sighed and hugged him back. "I'm...going to have a talk with him." Paul said and left the room. Patryck hugged me tighter. "It's gonna be alright..." He said. I smiled softly. "...I hope..." I said.

*time skip*

After about half an hour of me crying and Patryck comforting me, Paul walked back into the room. I looked at him. "Well, I was talking with him and in the end he allowed to let them out of the basement and actually put them in rooms. But that's all I could do for now..." He said.

I smiled at him and stood up. I hugged him as well. "Thanks, Paul." I said. He hugged me back. "It's okay. We'll try to help the best we can." He answered. I pulled away and nodded. "Now go get your friends." Patryck said, smiling. I chuckled and left the room, running in the basement.

Edd's POV:

"So, what should we do now?" I asked the other two. Matt sighed. "I don't know... I'm scared..." He said. "Matt, if I could hug you, I would." I said. He looked at me and smiled. I returned it. Tom was about to say something when the door suddenly opened.

We all froze. It was... Tord! "Guys? Are...you awake..?" He asked. I didn't know if I should respond or not. "You don't need to be afraid, I don't want to hurt you..." He said. I sighed softly and looked at him. "W-we're awake..." I said.

Tord sighed and smiled. He came up to me and I looked up at him. He took...a knife... My eyes widened and I looked away. I shut them again and expected pain to come... But I didn't feel anything. I opened my eyes again...

He...cut the ropes... My left hand was free. Then my right hand and then my legs. When all the ropes were cut, I stood up carefully. Tord smiled at me and then started helping Matt. I wanted to run away, but for some reason...I didn't. I just stood there.

After Matt was free, he helped Tom. He helped him up and sighed. "Guys.... I am so sorry..." He said and looked down. I placed a hand on his shoulder. "I...just don't understand what's happening... Why did you kidnap us?" I asked him.

He frowned. "I was forced to..." He answered. Silence filled the room. "Can...you guys please follow me now..?" He asked. "And what do you want to do with us?" Tom asked him.

"I just want to lead you to your rooms..." He answered. I raised an eyebrow. "Huh?" "Well... He just won't let you be... He hates you... He will kill you if I'll let you escape... I don't want you to die... I want you to be safe..." He said, tearing up.

"Who is 'he'?" Matt asked. Tord looked at him. "A...very bad man..." He answered. "Was it the man that you were talking with before?" Tom asked. Tord froze. "Y-you heard that?" He asked. We all nodded.

Tord sighed. "Look... I can't explain... I don't want him to hurt you... I promise I'll try to help you, guys. I will try my best...to keep you safe... Now, please, follow me..." He said. I sighed and nodded. I was really confused. 'What is going on here..?'