5- Protect Her

Kane's POV:

"Man she's so beautiful, I can't even tell you in words! She has dark brown wavy hair and chocolate brown eyes! She's just so perfect." Bryson was blabbering about how beautiful his mate was and I couldn't stop rolling my eyes. The guy was already so obsessed with this girl. He went on and on about how pretty she was, how the shape of her eyes, ears, nose, lips everything was perfect.

I wasn't even paying attention to him at this point because my mind kept wandering back to those intense black eyes belonging to a certain girl named Sya. But what Bryson said next snapped my attention back to him.

"Oh God, even her name is so perfect, 'Hannah Adrian'!" He said her name dreamily but that got on my nerves.

Hannah Adrian?! Well, well if this isn’t a typical film scene then I don't know what is. Bryson's mate just had to be my ‘supposed mate's best friend! And also the girl whom I want to avoid at all costs. Facepalm!

"Look! There she is. Let's go!" He said, pulling me with him towards the table where his mate and my supposed mate were sitting.

"Uh, I have something impor-" I tried to come up with a quick excuse to avoid having to meet her but Bryson cut me off and continued dragging me there.

"Come on man! I want to introduce you to my mate." We reached near the table where Sya and Bryson's mate, Hannah, were sitting. Before I could come up with another excuse, we were already there.

"Hello, ladies! Do you mind if we join you?" Bryson said in a gentleman-like manner, which irked me even more.

"Yeah, sure! Why not?" Hannah said. She smiled at Bryson, which made him go crazy with happiness as he returned her a bigger smile. Sya shyly nodded in his direction and her beautiful eyes shifted to me. My breath hitched inside my throat as her beauty made me lose any visible control I had on my senses. Her mesmerizing black eyes bored into mine, making my body almost paralyzed.

"Aren't you going to sit?" Bryson's voice interrupted my lost train of thoughts, snapping me from my daze. I noticed her snap out of the trance at the same time as I did. Bryson and Hannah were now looking at me weirdly.

"Um, yeah. I'm sitting." I said, taking a seat next to Bryson. Me and Bryson were sitting on the other side of the table, facing Sya and Hannah. The conversation between Hannah and Bryson carried on, until the bell rang, indicating for us to head over to our next class. All the time Sya and I remained quiet and would only stool glances at each other now and then. I felt weird near her. I mean, I was never attracted to any girl after becoming a vampire. Not that before I was attracted to someone! It's just that, it's as if I couldn’t resist her beauty and when she looked at me with her innocent eyes I couldn't help the urge to just kiss her perfect soft lips. Stop! Don't start thinking about her again!

At the end of the lunch, Bryson managed to take Hannah's phone number but I was beyond pissed. He hadn't even talked to Sya even for once, as if she wasn't there at all. It's just so rude, which pissed me off!

The whole day passed like a blur after that. No special event occurred. After college Bryson excused himself saying that he wanted to know more about his mate's background and everything about her.

“Do you think I should ask her out tonight or just give her a box of chocolates for now? Or how about I ask her out and bring her a bouquet of flowers and chocolates?”

I gave him a weird look.

“What?” he said, stopping to look at my face.

“Nothing. Just wondering if you've always been this corny or this mate-bond thingy suddenly got to your head.”