Dinner In The Snake Pit

3rd persons POV:

Both boys were apprehensive about the Great Hall, neither knew what sort of reaction they would get from the rest of the Hogwarts students. Draco also had to decide where they were going to sit, Harry may not like Ronald but he liked Granger and the Weaslette so he may have to endure sitting in the lions den for his ravens sake although he'd try his hardest to sit with his friends.

When they reached the Great Hall Draco hadn't come to a decision so opted to ask the boy clinging to his side where he wanted to sit, "Are we sitting at the Gryffindor or the Slytherin table today Harry?"

Glancing down at the raven haired boy to see a look of confusion on his face. "Gryffindor are those ones there with the red lion picture" he explained pointing to the Gryffindor table, " and the Slytherins are those ones all the way over there with the green snake picture" moving his arm to show Harry his own house table.

Harry took some time to think and then pointed to the Slytherin table, "The slythewins, I wike gween the mostest" he decided with a grin.

Draco starts to make his way to the Slytherin table but is stopped by Hermione, "Malfoy what are you doing with harry?" She questioned with narrowed eyes.

"What, didn't the Weasel tell you he was the reason that Harry was like this?" Draco fired back with venom.

Hermione looked affronted "That does make more sense, he and Ron had been arguing a lot lately, but he blamed you, but that didn't fit; especially when you haven't said anything to us in a while" the
young witch rambled.

Draco moved past Hermione but turned back "Look Granger, we're hungry so we're going to eat, but we'll have our own little flat, we need to talk properly about Harry and his muggle family so when we get settled in I'll send you an owl or something." He says coolly before walking to his house table.

Finally reaching the benches Draco makes his way to where Blaise and Pansy are sat, signalling them to make room for the two boys, which is done so effortlessly you'd think they practiced the move.
Collapsing into his seat with an exhausted groan Draco moves Harry into the space between him and Pansy before filling a plate for Harry and himself.
"Harry this is Blaise Zabini," Draco points to the Italian boy next to him "and the girl you're sat next to is Pansy Parkinson, these are my best friends, will you say hello to them for me?" The blond asks as he places Harry's plate in front of him.

Harry nestles into Draco's side but offers the two Slytherins a shy smile "Hi I'm Hawwy."

Draco looks down and offers a proud smile "Now eat your lunch raven, after this I'm going to take you exploring, then we'll find our flat, yeah?" He entices pushing the plate towards Harry encouragingly.

"This all fow me?" Harry questions with a puzzled expression.

"Course it is raven, what's wrong? Don't you like it?" The blond replied concerned.

"Unca Vewnon will be mad, he no let me eat" the toddler whispers with teary eyes "he huwt me if I say I hungwy."

The three teens gasp in horror at what the child describes, Draco rushes to comfort his raven, pulling him into his lap and wrapping his arms round the boys tiny fame.
"Harry, baby, your uncle Vernon's not here now and I'm never letting him near you again, you can eat all you want and tell me when you're hungry, I'll never be angry at you" the blond coos "I'll just be
happy you told me, do you understand?" Draco waited for Harry to nod before kissing his head and setting him back down on the bench.
"Will you eat as much as you can for me?" Draco asked him hopefully.

"I twy Dwaco" Harry proceeded to pick up a chip and nibbled on it, made a pleased sound and set about finishing the rest of his plate.

Draco, satisfied that Harry was eating turned back to his friends who both wore identical expressions of bemusement,

"He's so cute as a kid" Pansy commented just before Blaise teased Draco about "how the baby Potter has you wrapped round his pinkie, just like sixteen year old Potter does."

"Oh come off it Blaise, he does not" Draco retorted before turning to Harry and smiling wistfully.

"Okay maybe he does, just a little" he mutters to his friends sullenly.
Both of the Slytherins burst out laughing at Draco's confession making him pout.

"DON' LAUGH AT MY DWACO!" Harry shouts hugging Draco's arm silencing the majority of the great hall, Harry noticed people whispering and buries himself into Draco's robes once more.

"Thank you for looking out for me raven, but they were only teasing me." The blond explains, "have you eaten all you can Harry?" Draco looks at Harry's plate to see that the majority of the food is gone.

"We can go explore now." The older boy says excitedly.

"Yes pwease Dwaco!" The toddler is practically bouncing in his seat before turning to Blaise and Pansy

"I sowwy for shouting, I don't wike people being mean to my Dwaco." Looking down at his lap and twisting his fingers, expecting them to be angry at him.

"It's okay Harry, we understand, we don't like people being mean to Draco either" Blaise speaks reassuringly.

"Yeah, we were only joking with him, but we protect each other too." Pansy adds kindly.

Draco started gathering their belongings and stood from the bench, leaning down to pick harry up so they could begin the exploration of Hogwarts.

"Well we're going to explore, we'll see you in classes tomorrow and when we're settled in our flat, I'll send you an owl to let you know where it is" Draco nods his head as Harry smiles and waves at the
two before they head out to start their tour.