Scared Potter?

A/N: guys this is the last chapter before the epilogue, thank you so much for reading this story, it's crazy to think you like it so much but it means the world to me! Thank you so much!
Much love, Drom 😘

3rd persons PoV

When Draco received the letter it was closer to one in the morning and he was going to leave it till he woke up to read until he recognized the atrocious chicken scrawl on the envelope,

"Harry." He breathed out, hands shaking as he opened the letter, his heart in his mouth as he hoped for a chance to settle things between them, even if a friendship was all they could share.

'Draco,

I'm not that great with words, but here goes. You're not the same rude prat from first year, you've grown and changed as a person, and now you're a blond prat that I could be friends with. I'm sorry for everything I said to you, how I behaved when all you'd done was be nice to me. It was wrong, and so was I. I've been told by your friends that if I hurt you again they'll hex me stupid, but I don't intend to. I want to fix this and protect and love you, if you'll let me.

Because I'd be lying if I said friendship was all I wanted with you.

It took me a while to realise, probably because I was in denial, but I love you Draco. Like really love you. And I have since second year I think, it just took a while to come to terms with it. I don't expect you to forgive me, and I certainly don't expect you to love me back. But that's not to say I'll stop trying to earn your forgiveness, friendship or your heart, because I need you in my life even if friends are all we ever become.

I know I'm probably the last person you want to see right now, especially after this letter, but I really want to put things right between us, so meet me in the room of requirement at six 'o' clock tonight so we can talk.

Please.

Your Raven.'

Draco had tears running down his face by the time he'd finished reading the letter, his heart pounding in his chest at the fact that Harry Potter loved him back. That the messy haired prat loved him and had given him tangible proof by swallowing that Gryffindor pride of his and apologising. A huge grin appeared on the blonds face at the realisation that everything could be better than normal by the end of today, that he could have the boy everyone wants; the boy he's always wanted. As long as this talk goes well he could have everything he's ever wanted and more. With that thought in mind, Draco goes into a panic, thinking of all the ways things could go wrong.

~~~time skip brought to you by Dumbledore's many middle names~~~

Six was fast approaching and Harry was feeling more and more agitated the closer the clock hand crawled towards the hour. The Gryffindor left his seat and started to pace, caught up in thoughts of Draco not showing or not wanting to talk to him.

So caught up inside his own head he didn't hear the door open, didn't notice the tall thin figure approaching his anxious self. It was the gentle hand on his shoulder that snapped him out of his reveries,

"I'm glad I'm not the only nervous one." The blond in front of him chuckled, but Harry could tell it was to mask the fear the boy felt.

They sat together in an awkward silence until Harry took a deep breath,

"I'm-"

"Sor-"

The two looked at each other with a small smile,

"Yo-"

"Why do-"

The two boys started laughing as they had cut each other off once again, sobering as Harry starts to say what he needed to,