Such A Charming Child

3rd persons POV:

The boys made their way to the great hall for breakfast, sleeping soundly after their busy day. Reaching the doors Draco put Harry on the floor so he could choose their table, thankfully his raven darted over to the Slytherin table,

"Hi Bwaise! Hi Pansy!" The little boy shouted happily clambering up onto the bench between the two,

"me and Dwaco go cwasses today!" bouncing in his seat.

Draco sat down next to Blaise and grabbed a mug of coffee before getting harry some toast and filled his sippy cup with pumpkin juice.

"Eat up little man, we have a long day, and Hermione is coming to the flat after dinner so she can talk to us both" the blond says with a grin passing Harrys breakfast over to him.

Draco and harry munched breakfast before heading to transfiguration with the Ravenclaws, where they were asked to transfigure a beetle into an alarm clock with extra points for how their clock appeared, Draco completed this task with ease as harry watched with wide eyes.

Harry chattered about the lesson all the way to charms, and even after the boys had taken their seats, until professor Flitwick announced that they would be learning to use the levitation charm on heavier objects.

"Remember the incantation is winguardium leviosa children" the professor lectured, "and to move your hand in the swish and flick motion we learned." moving his wand hand to demonstrate looking round the classroom to see everyone nodding.

When the professor had ascertained that everyone was working Draco turned to Harry and smiled at the boys wide eyes,

"Would you like to try raven?" the blond asks "I found your wand in your school bag so you can use it for this" taking Harrys wand out of his bag.

"weally? I do magic?" The toddler squeals excitedly making grabby hands for the wand "I wan' twy!"

Draco moves the wand out of Harrys reach and a stern expression covers his face,
"Harry" he chastises, "you have to know how to say the words first or you could hurt someone." The small boys eyes start to water and his bottom lip quivers,

"I sowwy Dwaco, pwease don' be mad" he pleads cowering away "I be good, jus' don' be mad."

Draco freezes in shock at the boys display of fear before realising what's going on, rushing to pull the trembling boy into his arms,
"Baby look at me," the older boy waits until harry looks up at him before continuing "I'm not mad Harry, not at all, I just need to make sure you're going to be safe when you do this spell okay?" He reassured the child cradled in his arms. Harry nods and wipes his face with his sleeve sniffling,

"I twy now?" The toddler asks looking at Draco hopefully with big doe eyes.

"You need to practise how to say it first," smiling at the persistent little Gryffindor "repeat after me winguardium leviosa"

"win-gaw-dum lev-osa" Harry attempts to repeat.

Draco chuckled "almost raven! win- guar-dium lev-IO-sa" making sure to sound out the words careful so that the little boy could hear how to say it properly.

"Winguardium leviosa" the boy parroted, "I did it!" Clapping his hands happily "Dwaco I did it!"

"You sure did little man!" The blond grinned proudly "now show me your swish and flick, and then you're good to go."

Harry makes the motion with his hand and says the words without a wand to show Draco he could do the spell correctly before making grabby hands for his wand.

"Can I twy now?"

"Sure little lion, let me transfigure a feather for you" the blond grins, using his wand to change a piece of parchment into a feather for harry.

"Winguardium leviosa" the boy exclaims moving his little arm in the way Draco showed him making the feather lift off the desk top by maybe half an inch.

The boy cheers, loosing his concentration letting the feather drop, turning to Draco excitedly.

"I did it!" The toddler shouts happily, seeing a look of pride on his Dracos face.

"You did well done raven!" the Slytherin praises as everyone turns to see what's causing the commotion,

"do it again baby" gesturing to the feather that's back on the desk.

Harry says the incantation again but this time the feather floats a full two inches off the table, much to the students shock and professor Flitwick's amazement.

"Oh well done Mr Potter, performing the winguardium leviosa charm at just four years old! Very good work!" the small man claps his hands wildly in praise of the small boy, who just blushes and burrows into Draco's robes suddenly shy from all the attention.

The rest of the day went by uneventfully, they even managed a nap in professor Binns' history of magic, the man was so boring harry fell to sleep only minutes into the lecture.

Draco had asked his uncle Severus to arrange a meeting with the headmaster before dinner to ask permission for an outing, so was walking hand in hand with harry towards the stone gargoyle guarding the entrance of the old wizards office.

"Fizzing Whizzbees" the blond spoke clearly to the gargoyle, shuffling his feet while it moved, "come on Harry" he urged heading forwards once again.

"Mr Malfoy, to what do I owe this visit?" the bearded man asked moving his arm, indicating that the two should sit down,

"well sir, I was wondering if I could take Harry to Hogsmeade on Saturday, I know it isn't a Hogsmeade weekend but he needs clothes and toys, things that are required when caring for a small child for such a long time." Draco explained politely, he'd seen his father talk to enough ministry officials to know you had to play nice to get results. " I really wouldn't ask if it weren't absolutely necessary professor, I just don't want Harry to go without while I'm his guardian." Risking a glance at the man through his incredibly long, blond lashes.

Dumbledore mulled this over, his expression showed deep concentration as the professor seemingly weighed the pros and cons of the idea internally, before letting out a deep sigh, twinkling eyes focusing on the Slytherin once more.

"I suppose an exception could be made, just this once, I'll have Severus accompany you to Diagon Alley for Harrys things as you are more likely to find everything you'll be needing there." the wizard finally decides,

"now run along boys, or you'll be late for dinner."

The boys grab their belongings and stand to leave,

"Thank you professor" Draco turns to say gratefully before leaving the room holding Harrys hand once again.