01: Taco Extravaganza

The bright blue lights of Avenger's Tower was a sharp contrast against the dark black sky. The night held no stars, making it appear as if the refurbished Stark Tower provided the only light in the city. Inside the building held 5 of the 6 Avengers, the most they had gathered in one place since the ordeal with Loki. In celebration of their small reunion, Tony proposed they all have dinner together.

"If you're proposing we all eat together Stark, that brings the argument of what to eat." Natasha retorted, not ready for another disagreement between Tony and Steve.

"I'm sure if we were to do a civil vote, we could come to a fair agreement." Tony nodded, half sarcastically half seriously. "It's been a while since we've all been assembled."

Steve folded his arms across his chest. "We're missing Thor."

"Yeah. So? He's off doing godly things and I only see you guys when we fight to the death." 

"There's a reason we choose only to see you when we are dying." Clint decided to join the conversation.

"Do you really think we came here to visit you?" Natasha asked Stark, amused as he actually looked slightly offended. 

"Why else would you be here?" Tony looked towards Bruce who had stayed silent throughout the back and forth bickering. Lost within his own world, he jumped slight under Stark's gaze. "W-what?" He chuckled softly. "The lab is pretty great here and I have some samples I wanted to take a look at."

"And I'm here for the gym." Steve added with a smirk. "I gotta admit your system is pretty advanced and gives me quite the workout."

"I'm with Cap." Clint agreed. "Nat and I decided to do some sparring, get back into shape. You didn't think we were here because we enjoy your company?"

"You guys really do know how to make a guy feel special." Tony rolled his eyes at everyone's comments. "I vote pizza."

"Nah. Tacos." Natasha spoke.

"Agreed."

"Agreed."

"Agreed."

"You all suck."

\\\

Clint had volunteered to pick up the tacos after another argument between the group. The taco joint was right around the block, so he had decided to walk for a change. That, and he didn't want to admit he really wanted to drive one of Stark's expensive cars. Clint felt the cold air as refreshing, but he was glad he had worn his black leather jacket.

His soft whistling and peace of mind was interrupted by a loud scream. Immediately the Avenger arose in him, and his stance turned into one of combat. Clint expeditiously ran to the sound just as another scream was let out. His shoes hit the hard concrete, but it did not slow his pace. At the moment Clint was prepared for anything. Whether it be something as extreme as a god, or a simple as a robbery. With or without his bow. Although he was sure these screams were not for help, but rather ones of pain. 

Clint rounded the corner sharply, almost loosing his footing as he stopped very abruptly at the sight before him. On the ground held a small brown haired girl, who not only was yelling in pain, but was also glowing. A light magenta hue radiated off of her, making Clint almost afraid to go near her. Obviously this was a form of extraterrestrial life that Clint was not able to handle on his own. Even despite his confidence. He pulled his phone out of his jackets' pocket hurriedly dialing Nat's saved contact. 

He kept his eyes on the girl as the phone rang, desperately wanting to help her, but unsure if it was safe. Natasha picked up after two rings, Clint spoke first.

"I need help over here." He panted, forehead creased in concern as the brown haired figure started shaking.

"With what? Ordering tacos? I told you Stark wants steak-"

"No! There's a girl here, screaming I think she's hurt. But- but she's glowing! I'm calling in the team, I don't know what to do."

"Glowing? Okay. Be there in 5."

With the sound of the phone call ending, Clint shoved it back in his pocket. He stood 20 feet from the girl completely powerless, unable to help her. Unable to soothe her pain. Clint knew she wouldn't last another 5 minutes. Right when the archer was about to run to her aid, she stopped her cries and fell limp on the concrete.

"Oh god." Clint murmured and broke into a sprint, reaching her in seconds. He shifted her onto her backside, finding her skin very warm and her magenta glow gone. His rough hands grazed her forehead, discovering it was on fire, as if she had a deadly fever. He immediately felt for a pulse, first on her wrist and then on her neck.

She was alive.

Sounds of rushed footsteps made his head whip around. Natasha, Steve and Bruce ran over while Tony flew above them. 

"You guys took the time suit up?" Clint scolded, looking back down at the girl, who couldn't be any older than 19.

Tony landed in his suit, the blasts on his feet diminishing. "You said she was glowing? I would not be touching her Clint." 

"She's burning up."

Bruce kneeled beside Clint, feeling her pulse and temperature. "We can't just leave her here, we have no idea if she is a threat. I suggest we take her back to the lab, run some tests, make sure she's not alien."

"It didn't seem like she had control over it." Clint added, looking towards his team. "But whatever was happening put her in a lot of pain. She couldn't move."

"You're lucky you found her before someone else did." Cap nodded. "Let's take her back to base."

A/N: AHHH! The first chapter is finally published! Leave me feedback and any sort of criticism, or any predictions you have for the story! Thank you for reading!