Four

It was a fine Saturday morning and Yein was watering the plants in their backyard when her mom calls her over.

"Yes mom, what is it?" She asks, still holding her yellow watering can.

"Your uncle just called. Apparently, his assistant got sick with the flu and won't be able to come in today, and her usual replacement is out of town for a vacation. He's asking if you could go to the shop and help him out for today."

Yein nods earnestly. "Yeah, I can help! It's been a long time anyway!"

Her mom smiles and gives her a kiss on her cheek. "You're such an angel, Yein. He'll appreciate your help!"

Yein smiles back and places her watering can on the metal bench and comes back inside the house to wash up. Her uncle is her mom's younger brother and he owns a small pet shop across town. She used to regularly help out when she was in middle school but she hasn't been able to drop by since she started high school. She loved taking care of the animals and she was excited to go back to say the least.

She greets her uncle when she gets to the pet shop. "Hi uncle, it's me!"

Her uncle's head pops up from under the counter and he beams at her. "Hey Yein! Thanks so much for your help! Sorry I had to call you!"

"No problem! You know I like helping out!"

She walks to where the animals are displayed and finds a familiar-looking cat. She furrows her brows in confusion and turns to her uncle. "Uncle, wasn't Moony sold already?" She asked. Moony is a black Russian Blue cat with white paws. She remembers being fond of it because she thought it looks like it's wearing socks.

"Yes but apparently, the family who bought him had no idea the youngest child is allergic to cat fur so they had to return him after only a few days."

"Really? That's so sad!" Yein frowned.

"Yeah, but the oldest child still visits Moony every so often." Her uncle adds. "Maybe he'll drop by today! He looks a bit scary but he turns into a softie when he pets Moony." He chuckles a bit before entering the stock room.

The bell on the store's door rings signaling a customer and Yein comes to greet them, but she stops in her tracks when she finds that it's Wonwoo. She gapes at him in surprise and he does the same.

"Hey Wonwoo! You're here! Moony missed you!" Yein's uncle comes out of the stock room holding packets of fish food. "This is my niece, Yein!" He gestures to Yein.

"You're Moony guy?" She points at Wonwoo when she finally manages to snap back to reality.

He clears his throat and the tips of his ears redden. "I guess you can say that."

Yein squeals at the thought of Wonwoo's unexpected love for cute animals but stops herself because she knows it will embarrass him even more, more than the fact that she found out that he visits this store to pet a cat.

Yein's uncle looks at Yein and Wonwoo back and forth. "You two know each other?"

"Yes, uncle. We're classmates!" She chuckles awkwardly.

"That's great!" He faces Wonwoo. "Yein here helps me out sometimes and she's really fond of Moony!"

"Really?" Wonwoo looks at Yein expectantly and waits for her to answer.

She shrugs. "I like the fact that all of his paws are white, that made me think he had socks on, pretty stupid right?" She chuckles lightly.

"Maybe, but that's why I like him too." He gives her a soft smile.