Six

Their entire grade is buzzing with excitement for the long-awaited sports day in which classes compete in different sporting events such as football, swimming, track and basketball, and Sujeong, Yein and Wonwoo's class isn't at all different. Sujeong, not being the athletic type, took it upon herself to lead the cheering team for their class. Yein will be participating in the track and field competition and Wonwoo will be joining the swimming event.

When Sujeong gets to their classroom, she finds that Wonwoo and Yein are already busy in their own world, talking among themselves, not realizing their other classmates are watching them. So she's not the only one who's noticed the change in Wonwoo's behavior. He's no longer the cold and standoffish bad boy. Sure, he still has some air of mystery around him, but he always has a gentle smile that he seems to only show when he's with Yein.

Sujeong knows Wonwoo is clearly smitten with Yein but knowing her best friend, she hasn't realized Wonwoo's feelings for her yet. Sujeong also has yet to find out if Yein feels the same way about Wonwoo.

After some time, the students were asked to gather at the oval for the track and field event. Sujeong finds Yein who's already stretching in her starting position, along with the other participants. She then looks around for Wonwoo and finds him taking shade under a tree a few meters away from the bleachers, his gaze seemingly focused on Yein as well. She giggles to herself and carefully walks over to him.

"Hey Wonwoo!"

Wonwoo quickly whips his head to the other side of the oval when he realizes Sujeong caught him. "Hey." He tries to reply casually like he hasn't been watching Yein all this time, which makes Sujeong hold in her laughter. He's so cute, like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Can you help me with something?" She asks.

"Yeah, sure."

"Great!" She walks closer to him and hooks her arm around his and starts to pull him away.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He tries to protest but realizing that Sujeong wouldn't let him pry her arm off him, he just gives up and lets her drag him, much to Sujeong's delight. Wonwoo's skinny but he's much taller than she is so it's still hard to pull him if he's struggling against her.

They finally get to the front of the bleachers where she saved 2 spots for them, a triumphant smile on her face. "You're gonna help me cheer for Yein!" She says as she hands him 2 gold cheer pompoms.

He takes the pom-poms with a confused expression. "Okay, I can do that."

She nods at him and suddenly she stands up and waves her own pompoms. "Jung Yein, fighting!" She yells and their other classmates follow suit, cheering wildly.

Yein turns to them and happily waves at them while jumping up and down. She catches Yein's eye and points at Wonwoo beside her who now has a fond smile on his face, still holding the pompoms.

"We actually made a bet. If one of us wins our event, then the other will treat them to ice cream." He suddenly opens up to Sujeong when Yein goes back to her starting position, as the race is about to start.

"That's so cute!" She gushes. Now she's hoping twice as hard that Yein wins the race so she and Wonwoo can go on an ice cream date.

"It's just ice cream." He mutters, shyly rubbing the back of his neck.

"You know what I mean!" She gives him a knowing smile.

The starter's gun for the race is fired and they all watch in tension as Yein and the other runners start running. They watch Yein slowly gain distance ahead of her competitors, making their classmates cheer for her even more loudly.