The Omen

"SIGNY!"

The Abysmal Knight lifted Signy from the ground like a gruesome puppet. Signy had lost her consciousness, blood dripping from where the lance penetrated her body. Her bow lay on the dusty ground, her quivers scattered.

"SIGNY!" Altair shrieked, dropping his hammer.

"ALTAIR, NO!" Theodoric yelled.

Altair ran forward, eyes half-blinded with tears. He pumped his legs and jumped straight toward the Abysmal Knight. The Blacksmith collided with the monster. Altair wrapped his arms around the Knights torso and used his momentum to destroy its balance with its steed. The steed reared and aided with Altairs momentum, knocked the Abysmal Knight off.

"OH MY GOD, ALTAIR!" Sibyl shouted in fright.  "ALTAIR!"

Signy, however, crashed ten feet away; the lance still stuck in her chest. Wealthow, knowing what was in hand, quickly teleported to the Huntresss side. She grabbed hold of the Abysmal Knights lance and tried to pull it off, but it was too close to Signys heart. Wealthow weighed her chances. If she can pull of the lance and Heal Signy, it would be a miracle. If not, shed risk killing the Huntress more. She didn't know quite what to do.

Meanwhile, Altair had gone completely off his rocker. He wrestled with the Abysmal Knight, the two of them rolling on the paved streets of Glast Heim. Theodoric was kept busy with the Knights steed, fending it off with his Brandish Spear. Sibyl was on the verge of helping Altair.

"SONIC BLOW!"

Sibyl leapt to attack, katar ready. Altair rolled off the Abysmal Knight just in time. Sibyl crashed onto the demi-human, dealing multiple damages within seconds. Only the flashes of Sibyls katar could be seen as she slashed and cut, slashed and cut.

"Kyaa!" Sibyl tumbled off, her flexibility perfect.  "HIDING!"

There was a flash of light, and Sibyl was nowhere to be seen. Her voice echoed in the air.

"GRIMTOOTH!"

Spikes of solid rock erupted from the ground right beneath the Abysmal Knight. The Grimtooth pierced the demi-human in every square inch of its body, tearing through the pitch-black armor. Sibyl materialized out of nowhere, ready to give her deathblow.

"SONIC BLOW!"

The katar flashed once more. In less than one minute, the Abysmal Knight was dead. Sibyl tossed back her hair, panting.

"Well," she said, smiling.  "I would have thought thatd be hard, but I didnt get so much as a scratch. Piece of cake."

"SPEAR STAB!" Theodoric yelled.

The Abysmal Knights steed reared and fell, dead on the spot. Theodoric faced Sibyl and gave a thumbs-up, but the Assassin ignored him. Theodorics shoulders drooped.

"Well I guess the only one left is Big Momma." Altair spoke, swinging his hammer ready and eyeing the Shadow.

"Wealthow, go mop up Signy somewhere else." said Theodoric.

"Well take care of this one. And hurry up, will you?"

Wealthow nodded and teleported Signy to a safe place. When they were gone, the three faced the Shadow.

Eyes of the deepest shade of red, with wings and hair blacker than black. Its breath was poison, its teeth oozing with venom. Claws that inflicted lethal wounds were very sharp. Its body was bones clothed in graying rags. It loomed like Death waiting to kill. Even Theodoric felt chills running down his spine.

"Adrenaline Rush!" Altair chanted, casting a spell.

Sibyl and Theodoric felt their energy reach maximum. The three of them assumed a battle-stance for a few seconds before jumping to attack all at the same time.