Chapter-1: Vacations

"Natalia!"

"Natalia!!!!"

"Where are you?!"

I could hear the voice booming from the opposite end of the office as I pushed open the door of the staircase. I had dashed up the stairs since the lift was already full when I came and I had predicted this raging calling. I rushed through the crowd of staff members, bumping into every other person and muttering a "sorry" with an apologetic smile pasted on my exhausted face, as I made my way to the chief's office.

Oh My God! He's really angry!

I busted in through the office door where a man in his mid-forties was sitting. Smoke would have been fuming from his ears if he was a cartoon character. He glared at me once he caught sight of me. I gulped down the lump that had formed in my throat and made my way towards him, slowly, head down in submission.

"Where the hell were you, Natalia?! I just asked for a coffee and you are not even capable to bring a coffee?!" He bellowed. I flinched and took a step back instinctively.

I swear, I will get deaf soon if he keeps on yelling like this.

I quickly placed the coffee, which was getting cold in my hands, on the table whilst giving an embarrassed smile, hoping that it would calm him a bit. But oh man was I wrong?

"S-sorry, Sir! Actually, when I headed out to bring your coffee, other staff members also requested me for coffee and some snacks too. So...I got late...." I trailed off in a murmur as his glare got more intense with every passing second. I knew he was surely going bust like a time bomb now, and guess what? He busted!

"GET OUT YOU USELESS GIRL! Oh, why had I appointed you at first hand? Oh, God! Just get out!" He fumed. I quickly rushed out of the room to save my sorry ass. I still wondered why he hadn't fired me yet.

Nevertheless, I sighed in relief once I made sure that I was out of danger. I had barely taken a breath when someone tapped my shoulder from behind. I jumped, startled, and whipped my head back just to see a grinning brunette.

"Megan! You scared me." I complained, clutching my chest where my heart was beating wildly.

She frowned when she took in my appearance. I was wearing a plain shirt with simple jeans and my hair was sticking out of my braid, which wasn't even a bit attractive for a woman, but hey....who am I going to impress anyway?

"Nats, I have told you a thousand times now that you don't have to be an errand girl. They should do their work on their own. I suppose they also have two hands and two legs just like you that function perfectly." She said the last part aloud while glaring at a girl who was stuffing her face with the doughnut I had brought. "And chief? Huff! He treats you like a slave." She kept on complaining, and I couldn't help but lower my gaze to the ground, ashamed.

Now let me tell you one thing about myself, which sounds a good thing but is actually bad in practice, especially according to Megan. And that is, I never say 'no' to anyone. Whenever someone would ask me for a favor I just... I just can't help but say 'yes', which sometimes brings me troubles as you have already seen.

My name is Natalia Winters and I'm 22 years old. I just finished college about three months ago and got a degree in mass communication. Fortunately, I managed to get a job here because of my good grades.

It's been a month since my interning period finished and I got permanent employment. In the start, I was encouraged in doing these meaningless errands because they said that's what interns did. I thought once I was a permanent employee, I would be freed and given actual work. Boy was I wrong?