Chapter-2: Departure

"Oh, grandma, don't cry. It would be only for two weeks." I said, hugging my weeping grandma.

Grandma can be described accurately in one word, that is, passionate. She loves too much, cares too much, and feels too much. While, my grandpa was the complete opposite of her, who was standing, smiling at us. His spirit was of a young man despite his old age. It's like there's a young boy's soul in an old body. But I couldn't complain about it. I loved them both the way they were. They were perfect.

Finally, when I managed to get away from grandma's tight hug, I turned to grandpa and smiled at him. He grinned at me before pulling me in for a hug and whispered in a secretive tone in my ear.

"Don't mind her. Just have fun and loosen up. You know what I'm saying, right?" He pulled back a little from the hug to wink at me, whilst suggestively wiggling his eyebrows. My previous statement had just been proven. He had a young soul, a carefree, playful young soul.

Sometimes he becomes annoyingly cool. Especially when he tries to suggest to me how to seduce a handsome man and make him my boyfriend.

Even though I never got one.

It wasn't because I was ugly or something. I looked decent, I suppose. It was just that no one ever got....uh, attracted to me. I wasn't just anyone's type. People thought I was clingy because of my sweet behavior. I was treated as a pushover by most people. Megan always tried to defend me and gave me lessons on how to defend my own interests, and how to 'toughen up.'

I still remember that day in high school...

I was staring at the boy whom every girl in the school dreamed of. What? Staring is not a bad thing if you have a huge crush on the person, right?

I was standing at the edge of the crowd of girls who were also there to drool at the hot boys of our school, who happens to be the soccer players of our school's team. But my gaze was trailed only on the boy who was my crush, Dylan.

The coach whistled and let the boys have some rest. The sun was shining at its full peak, throwing its shining lights on his Greek model-like body. His shirt was clinging to his masculine chest as sweat was dripping down his sharp jawline.

I stopped drooling when I realized that his eyes were searching for something and when his eyes fell on me he grinned before making his way toward me.

My heart stopped beating as my mind was starting to feel dizzy. Oh, God! Oh, God! My crush finally looked at me! And he's coming towards me...? He's coming towards me!!! I thought as my heart started beating in a strange frenzy. He stopped in front of me, oh-so-close, and took the bottle that I was holding in my hands.

I didn't register what happened when he opened the lid and gulped down the water. I saw in awe as my knees almost gave out because of excitement and nervousness.

God!!! He drank from my used bottle! I'm going to faint!

"Thank you! I needed that. Sorry I haven't asked your permission." He said, giving me his gorgeous smile. If I hadn't fainted before I was definitely going to faint now.

I wasn't given time to reply to him when the coach whistled again, signaling the boys to come back to practice and he left with a small smile.

When he left I touched my cheeks to feel them burning. I went home that day grinning like an idiot.

But as I had said before, I always was just an errand girl. From that day onwards, I started to bring different supplies for him and his friends to the playground, like water, drinks, coffee or snacks, etc. In hope that he might like me.

One day when I made muffins, especially for him. I was going to confess to him. I didn't know where the courage had come from but I wanted to confess. I didn't want to fall hard one-sidedly when the other party was unaware of my intentions. And seeing how he never rejected any of the things I brought for him, I saw hope. A thin glimmer. I went to the playground. It was then I heard him talking to his friends.

"Yeah, that girl?" He asked his friend, whose name I think was Ethan.

"Yeah, that. Do you guys have something going on?" He asked, teasingly. My cheeks reddened after realizing that they might be talking about me. But his next words broke my heart.

"Nah! She's just an errand girl. Who would date a girl like her?" He said nonchalantly. It shattered my heart into a million pieces. He also thought like that about me. I didn't meet him in the end and went back home.

That day, I cried all night and also ate all the muffins that I had made for him. I vowed that I would never fall for any boy again. If someone wants me then they would work to get me. But alas! No one ever wanted me so I also didn't make any effort to approach anyone. I knew I would only get hurt if I tried.

I was brought out of my depressing thoughts because of the blaring honks from Magen's car. I turned to grandma and grandpa and gave them a final hug before skidding towards the car with my suitcase. I opened the passenger door and got in before sliding my small suitcase onto the backseat. Megan looked out of the window where my grandma was now crying he eyes out and gave me a weird look.

"Are you going to get settled in Hawaii?" She asked out of the blue. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"No. Why?" I asked, as she again looked out of the window and pointed towards the dork where my grandparents were standing.

"Then why is your grandma flowing tears as Nigeria falls?" She asked, hesitantly. I chuckled and waved my hand with an eye roll. Megan should get used to her behavior by now.

"Oh, it's nothing. She's just acting a bit more... uh, emotional. Now just start the car or I will miss my flight. Now, do we want that?" On this Megan grinned, and shook her head. She started the car and drove me to the airport.

Once we reached the airport, Megan crawled my bag to the departure entrance, and we bid our goodbyes.

"Have fun and get some lovey-dovey with a hot guy on the beach, yeah?" She said, winking at me. Ugh! Not you too!

I just rolled my eyes at her comment and went inside.

Now let's see what my vacation brings me!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(A/N):

Hola readers!

Stay tuned and tell me what you think about my this story if you are an old reader. Not by age but by book you know what I'm saying.

Anyways, also if you are a new reader then you should also tell me about your views. It would be really appreciated.

So enjoy.
Comment.
Vote.
& Share.

Adiòs!

;)