Chapter-3: Cursed Grasshopper

"Finally!" I sighed when I walked out of the plane. I took in a dramatic breath as if I was taking in fresh air for the first time. However, I couldn't be blamed. Hawaii's air was fresher than the polluted air of the city. I had always wanted to come here, but couldn't because of my...well, too much plain schedule.

Anyways, I took my suitcase and walked to the parking lot. I roamed my gaze and finally saw a person standing outside an empty cab. I took the cab and gave the driver the address of the resort that was arranged by the company. It was a well-planned vacation. I didn't think the company would be that generous.

After some time I arrived at the resort. Before I could get out of the cab and take in the whole building, I was already dumbstruck. The hotel or resort or whatever was HUGE! And oh-so luxurious.

I can spend my whole life here!

I sighed dreamily when the taxi driver called me to get out. I paid for the ride and made my way inside the hotel. I walked towards the reception where three girls were standing, each in front of a computer. I smiled toward one who was free, while others were dealing with other customers.

"Aloha! How can I help you?" She asked in a gentle tone, whilst giving me a welcoming smile. I couldn't help but feel nervous yet again now that I was interacting with someone. I was still in a dreamy state. Everything was moving around me, but at the same time, it seemed surreal. There was a strange tingling in my heart that traveled throughout my body from time to time.

I was just standing there, smiling like a fool at the receptionist, whilst lost in that weird sensation of serendipity. I was brought back to my senses when the receptionist had enough of me staring and called out to me tentatively, "Miss?"

I blinked a few times and noticed her awkward smile. My cheeks burned in embarrassment when I realized how stupid I was acting and cleared my throat to act normal.

"Uh, sorry. I have a booking here by the name of Nataliya Winters. Can you tell me my room number please?" I asked, politely, sounding as much normal as I could. She nodded with a smile and typed something on the computer. After a couple of minutes, she handed me a card with a welcoming smile.

"Here. Your room number is 2044. Hope you enjoy your time here." She said. I took the keys with a "thank you" and briskly walked away, still burning in embarrassment. I got on the luxurious elevator and pressed the golden shining button that said '8'. My room was on the eighth floor, as told by the receptionist.

I looked at the insides of the elevator that seemed to be made of gold, a full-length mirror at the back wall of the elevator. I observed the girl in the mirror who looked awestruck, excited, and nervous. I stared until the elevator stopped with a 'ting'.

I took a deep breath and stepped into the endless lobby when the elevator doors opened.

God! How big is this place?

Despite being huge, I found my room number with ease. When I entered the room I was yet again awestruck. The room was fantastic. A king-sized fluffy bed was placed in the center of the room that was screaming for me to jump on it and just sleep. On the front wall was a big fluorescent screen. A small table with two chairs near a big glass window was covering the whole wall. You could see the beautiful view of the beach and ocean from the window. It gave a beautiful and relaxing scenery.

After looking around, I decided to take a nap before going out for a walk on the beach. Thus, I slipped under the sheets in my clothes from before, and sleep quickly overtook me.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

When I woke up, I took a refreshing bath in the huge ass tube in the bathroom. After that, I wrapped the bathrobe securely before putting my packed bag on the bed to look for some clothes.