Chapter 2: Holding On

I opened my eyes and I was alone. Sleepiness was taking over me again. There was a mask over my nose and mouth controlling my breathing and an IV to my left along with a screen to my right showing my heart beat, breathing, brain activity, and blood flow. All of them were steady and at a slow pace. I looked around the room again and it started getting lighter and darker. I shut my eyes and heard a beeping sound. My heart beat became irregular and my feet became numb and cold.

I sat on Emmett's bed and wiped my sweaty palms on my dark wash jeans scared of what his reaction would be. I looked in his eyes, his beautiful ocean blue eyes that helped me escape the world during hard times with the help of his lips. I looked at his lips. They were a light pink and looked smooth. I missed the way my lips felt pressed against his. I leaned in a gave him a quick kiss before I signed one of the scariest things I could say.

I signed, "I love you, okay? I don't know what to expect when I tell you this." I paused and tears started streaming down my face.

"Bay," he signed, "it's okay just tell me. I love you too." he tilted my head up with his fingers so I could look into his caring eyes.

"I'm pregnant. I got kicked out of my house. Please don't leave me." I signed looking away.

He pulled me into a warm and comforting embrace. "Bay, I would never leave you for the world." he signed.

I felt someone touch my toes and I opened my eyes slowly. My body was completely covered in pain. I wiggled my toes relieved to be able to feel my feet again. The doctor looked up at me surprised.

"Nice to see you Bay. My name is Dr. Schaeffer, but you can call me David because we will be seeing each other a lot." He flashed me a smile and left.

I closed my eyes again until I heard the door open again. I opened my eyes to see Emmett holding my... our baby girl. He came over and sat down on a chair next to me. Emmett looked at me and smiled then gave me our baby.

He signed, "I told you I would never leave you. Now what do you want to name her?"

I looked at her and thought about it. "I think I want to name her..."

So when the words are italicized it's in the past or a dream. I need you guys to help me come up with a name please. I don't know what I should name the baby so please comment your opinions. Also if you could comment on what you like about the story and what could be improved that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.