2. The hangout

After more or less 20 minutes, Sebastian and I go out of the Medical Centre.
"Thank you for everything" he tells me while I'm locking the door.
"It was my responsability to look after you" I reply.
"No I'm serious, I would have died without you"
"Died? I think you're exaggerating..."
"I'm not. I'm very serious" And he even sounds very convinced...

"Are you a Toro Rosso driver?" I ask him, trying to change the topic.
"Yep. I may be going to Red Bull next year"
"Wow. How is it going with the car?"
"Not bad after all. I mean, reliability is not the best, but..." and there he goes complaining about all the problems they have. I'm trying hard to pay attention to his words, but I can still feel the boredom from today morning.
We walk down the paddock together until we arrive at the Toro Rosso motorhome.

"So, bye then"
"Just a question... do I have to go to the Medical Centre again tomorrow for the injuries?"
"No, it's not necessary. Unless a «discussion between drivers» happen again" I say giggling.
"Ok. Bye then"
"Bye bye"

~

It is Sunday afternoon!! Work is over.
I did not do anything today because basically nothing happened. Well, a Williams mechanic did not feel well but someone else took care of him.
I would really like to go out, but all my colleagues (the likeable ones, at least) are leaving tonight...
I go out and I notice that someone is approaching, and I think I have already seen him: it is Sebastian.

"Kelly! Stop!" He yells, just like two days ago.
"Hi Sebastian" I say, waving at him. He must have run through the whole paddock or something, because he's very sweaty.
"Listen... I was asking myself..."
"Did another discussion between drivers happen?" I ask him, without letting him finish the sentence.
"No! I was wondering if... you would like... to hang out with me tonight?" The question leaves me perplexed.
"How come did you ask me?"
"I'd like to go out tonight, but no one is coming with me..."
"Why don't you go out with your mechanics?"
"My mechanics? They are too boring. They all go to sleep before 11 p.m."
"Maybe because they'll have to catch a plane tomorrow..."
"Maybe... so, do you want to?"
"Sure. I finally have someone to go out with"
"Perfect. Rendez-vous at 9.30?"
"Perfect"