2. Calm Before the Storm

Reader Key

(Y/n): Your name

(h/c): hair color

(h/l): hair length

(f/c): favorite color

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Tch."

Levi clicked his tongue, annoyed at the state of the table you and your friend just abandoned.

"Wasteful brats..." He grumbled, collecting the plates of untouched sweets and drinks onto a tray. Balancing the tray on one hand, he pocketed the money you had thrown on the table.

The sugary stench of the desserts almost made him want to gag, but he bore with it as he escorted them to the kitchen where they would be thrown away. He knew Erwin would frown upon him for it, but he didn't really care. They still had plenty of desserts. Besides, he wasn't about to give a customer something that was already served to another. And he sure as hell wasn't about to eat the desserts himself.

After throwing away the food and depositing the dirty dishes into the sink, he returned from the kitchen and walked over to Erwin.

"Eyebrows." Levi spoke up to gain his attention, "Here's the brat's payment. She said "keep the change", so whatever's left is mine."

Erwin looked up from his task of cleaning the coffee maker just in time to catch the dollar bills that were tossed at him, courtesy of Levi.

"Levi, I wish that you would try to be more courteous to the customers..." Erwin sighed, sidestepping to the cash register.

"Sure thing, "boss"." The short man replied sarcastically, grabbing a bottle of citrus-scented cleaning solution and a clean rag from under the counter.

"I'm serious, Levi. People are starting to wonder why I haven't fired you for your behavior."

"Not my fault that I'm allergic to people's bullshit."

Erwin released a defeated sigh, watching as Levi began to disinfect and wipe down the table you and your friend had sat at. A sudden chime ringing through the cafe alerted everyone who heard it that someone just walked in. Upon seeing who it was, Erwin smiled.

"Well, if it isn't Mrs. Markov. We've been expecting you." Erwin greeted warmly.

"Oh, Erwin. I've told you before, please just call me Anya." The platinum-haired woman replied with a kind smile.
Anya looked at the little girl who was clinging to her beige knitted coat, "Ilya, dear, say hello to Erwin."

The young lavender-eyed girl peeked around her mother's form and gave Erwin a shy wave, "H-Hello Mr. Erwin..."

Ilya looked around the near-empty cafe, stopping only when she saw Levi. Seeing the short man, who had paused his cleaning to see who had walked in, a bright and excited smile formed on her face.

"Big brother Levi!" Ilya squealed, parting from her mother as she ran to the black-haired man and practically tackled him in a hug.

"Did you miss me, big brother?! Did you?! Huh?! Huh?!" She asked excitedly, clinging to his midsection.

Being called "big brother" brought back some bad memories, but he didn't really mind it.

"No." Levi answered without hesitation, causing the little girl to look up at him with a pout.