0.2

The next day was normal for him.
That night had been normal, other than the fact that someome innocent was there to witness his sins, nothing was out of the ordinary.

Harrison awoke with a groan, body suffering through the effects brought on by his previous activities. He was sore, muscles finally relaxing as he undressed, and slipped in the shower.

He didn't stop to think about her until he was massaging shampoo into his hair, eyes squinted as every detail came back to him quickly.

"What the fuck did I do?"

¤¤¤

Harrison ran a hand through his hair, staring at his reflection in shiny doors of the elevator he was riding in. He brought his hands down, straightening his black tie. He was nervous. He knew he'd screwed up on his most recent mission, having lost his teammate and escaped without the information he'd been sent to retrieve.

His mind slipped back to the events from the previous night. Harrison seemed to be thinking about it a lot lately, much to his dislike. He was supposed to be focused, and yet he couldn't stop replaying the night in his head.

She'd been scared. He had terrified her, he could tell. The look in her eyes didn't fade after he'd taken those men out, if anything it's intensity grew. He had lead the people after him into her work, and had basically invited them to destroy the place.

And on top of that, he'd killed the two in front of her. He didn't even know her name, and he'd already ruined her life.

Haz wasn't the type of spy to scare harmless civilians. He wasn't the type to get them into trouble either. He tried to keep his work life and his personal life separate.

It didn't seem to be going too well.

The elevator reached his selected floor, and the doors opened, revealing the chaotic bustle he was greeted by every day. Harrison maneuvered his way through the busy room, heading straight to his boss's office.

Fuck, he was in deep shit.

He placed a hand on the door, and let a heavy sigh, before pushing it open and stepping inside.

"Agent Osterfield."

Haz folded his hands together, and nodded sharply. "Boss."

The older woman regarded him with a curious gaze. "Sit." She held a hand out to one of the black chairs in front of her desk.

He opened his mouth to protest, when his boss gave him a glare. He sat down, clearing his throat and crossing his ankles.

"What the hell happened last night?", she demanded.

Haz sighed. "Nikki-"

"Mrs. Holland", she corrected, "I'm not your friend right now, Agent Osterfield, I'm your boss." She paused. "Just tell me what what happened."

He sucked in air, before letting it out slowly. "We were compromised. Agent Chalamet and I tried to escape, we didn't have the information yet, but the risk was too high. So we ran." Harrison wet his lips. "Agent Chalamet didn't make it."

Nikki nodded her head, eyes switching from the manilla folder in her hands to him. "And? What about the girl?"

He tensed up. "What about her?" His mind replayed the image of her shaking hands clutching her keys, her disheveled hair.

"You hid inside of a random woman's workplace to escape the men chasing you. Police got calls complaining of gunshots, and when they got there, they found two bodies." Nikki rubbed her temples. "Agent Osterfield, what were you thinking?"