0.5

Waking up the next morning, Y/N didn't expect to be in his arms.
But she was, one of his muscular arms thrown around her waist, his breaths hitting the base of her neck. She almost wanted to stay, to revel in the safety she felt while close to him.
But she couldn't.

She couldn't.

"Harrison", she whispered, eyes scanning his face. He looked peaceful when he was sleeping. The harsh lines usually present were smoothed out, and he no longer had his seemingly permanent scowl on his face. It was almost as if he became softer. Became a different person.

He groaned, and she poked the arm around her waist with a smile. "Harrison, I need to get up." He didn't reply, only cracked his eyes open, revealing the pretty blue color to her for a moment. She sighed. "You're impossib-" A squeal left her lips when he pulled her in, chest pressed tight up against his.

"What was that?", he breathed, a cheeky smile on his face. His lips ghosted over hers, their noses nearly skimming. He kept moving his eyes back and forth from her own, and her lips, waiting.

"I...I need to get up." She pushed on his chest, and he let her go.

He let her go.

She slid off of the bed, and cleared her throat. Y/N could feel him watching her, feel the tension in the room as she walked away.

Stay. I want to stay with you.

She kept walking.

¤¤¤

As she dried the water from her skin, and stared at her reflection in the mirror. She almost looked happy. After everything, she didn't think she would feel anything other than anger and sadness. Not until she was safe. But with him, she did feel safe.

Maybe he was the reason she could smile.

"Hey", Y/N called, brushing a wet piece of hair behind her ear. Harrison lifted his eyes from staring at his phone, and nodded. She glanced around, and grinned. "You cooked breakfast?"

He hummed, and tilted his head. "Pancakes." He pushed himself off of the counter, and stepped forwards. He let her sit down, and she watched as he did the same.

She thought of making small talk, but the silence surrounding them was comfortable. Each time she looked at him, he was looking back at her. Everything was so different.

But maybe different was good.
Something brushed against her hand, and she glanced down as he intertwined their fingers, and smiled.

Maybe his different wasn't so bad.

¤¤¤

Throughout the week, things between Y/N and Harrison kept changing.

The one time in his room turned into another, and another. Until she was staying in there every night. He'd hold his door open for her, and watch as she climbed into his bed, always on the left side.

She'd wake up sometimes in the middle of the night, and he'd be so close to her, their legs tangled together, his arms wrapped around her. It was comforting. It made her feel like maybe he wasn't as bad as he'd seemed.

Whenever they were next to each other, he was touching her, with a hand on her waist, or on her thigh, or simply holding hers. It was good. He was good.

Things were good, until they weren't.

She'd never snooped in any of his things, ever. It wasn't like she ever had a chance to, because he seemed to always be with her ever since the incident. She never thought she'd want to. Not until that phone call.