0.6

He didn't talk to her for weeks after that kiss.

He kept her close, made sure she was constantly safe, made sure he knew where she was at all times. But he was never with her. If he was at work, she was with Zana or Tom, in their office. If he was home, she was in her room, or, more often than not, he was in his.

He never said anything to her, never even spared her a glance. Every meal she had was eaten alone, every word spoken to an empty room.

Y/N wondered if he thought that was okay, that he could just kiss her, that he could change everything and make her feel like he did. And then act as if she didn't exist. She wondered if he knew how much it hurt.

She had to handle what was happening to her, but god, Harrison made it more bearable. She needed him. Whatever it was that they had, it made her free.

But Harrison didn't care.

¤¤¤

The first night she tried to talk to him again, to get him to notice her, broke her the most. It was the first night, but it was also the last.

She sat on the couch, hair dripping from she shower she'd been in, face blank. Everything was so bad again, so messed up. She wanted to go to his door, and open it, and be able to climb into bed with him as she usually did.

But she couldn't.

He didn't want her. He didn't need her like she needed him. He didn't feel the way she felt. But maybe he did. Her hands pushed down on the floor, helping her to stand. She left her room, striding over to his own. "Harrison..." Y/N swallowed. "Please let me in...please.

"I'm sorry", she whispered, sobs making her shoulders shake. "Fuck, I'm sorry. Just stop shutting me out. Stop...stop doing this to me." She waited, hands clenched, laying against her chest. "Please..."

She heard footsteps come closer, and she stepped back. "Please go away, Y/N."

The girl paused, a cry ripping from her throat as she laid her forehead against the door. She shuffled back, and pushed the hair from her face, back against her door now. She slid down, face screwing up as Y/N cried harder.

"Please..."

¤¤¤

She rubbed her eyes, a mug of coffee clutched in her hands. Y/N hadn't been sleeping much since everything. Every creak and tiny noise left her on edge. Or maybe she just slept better in his arms.

Maybe she just missed him.

"You okay?" She looked up, locking eyes with the woman she was beginning to be able to call her friend.