The Girl Who Lost Her Cat 3

And so they went off, searching town and their village in look for Olly.

"D'cha think he's run away, like, forever?" Sally said, to break the silence. She said that whilst they were searching through trees and bushes in the park.

"No, I don't think he'd do that, he's an indoors cat. Yeah." Lily replied

"There's still a possibility though," Said Sally, climbing down from a tree to ground level with Lily. "But, for you, I hope he hasn't run away."

"Thanks for keeping some hope." Lily looked and Sally and smiled, then continued attacking a bush.

"Ye know what?' Said Sally, suddenly.

"What?"

"Well, we've checked all around 'ere, what if he's gone back home or sumthin'?"

"I suppose it's getting late," Lily looked at the sky. It was turning evening by the minute. "I suppose you and I better get home, I'll quadruple-check the garde-"

"What?!" Sally gasped.

"I haven't checked the shed!" Lily cried.

A second-or-two after that, Sally and Lily found themselves running home, well, to Lily's house.
Lily was holding Sally by her wrist.

"Why are we running so, huff, fast?' Sally asked, "I do have asthma, you know."

"We're almost there, stop complaining!" Lily shouted.

Finally, they, together, reached Lily's house.
Lily ran through her house to check her back garden.
She stopped when she was near the shed to think for a little bit; she had never ran that fast in her entire life - 14 years!

When Sally eventually caught up to Lily, they slowly walked towards the shed.
Two-or-three inches away from the shed, Lily and Sally looked at eachother, with their eyes both full of hope.

Slowly, they pushed the shed open.
It took Lily a few moments to get used to it, but there, in front on her, well, in the corner, was Olly.

Next to Olly were three kittens. One of them were black and white, and the other two were siamese.

Sally slowly looked at Lily and shouted; "OLLY'S A GIRL?!"

"Well I've been lied to for four years." Said Lily, slowly.

"What? Did the vets say she was male?"

"Well what do you think? I called her Olly."

"So, what are ye gonna call her now?"

"I think I'm gonna keep her with the name Olly," Said Lily, "It makes her more unique."

"I think we should stop screaming the word 'her' now."

"Yeah"

"Well, what are we going to do with the kittens?" Asked Lily, "Do you want one, Sally?"

"Oh no, me parents would KILL me if I brought a pet into the house other than a fish," Sally replied, "Anyways, I best be off, ye know what me parents are like when I'm late home. Sees ya!"

"Bye..." Waved Lily, as she watched Sally go through her home and run off. Lily still couldn't get over the fact that Olly was a girl. She was quite sad, actually, because now, Lily's whole view of Olly changed. She still wanted to think that Olly was a boy, but she'd always know that Olly is actually a 'she' not a 'he'.
But Lily thought on the bright side; Olly was safe, and now Lily might have three more cats.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Sorry for the short story,

hang on, why am I apologising? These are sort of supposed to be short stories.

Anyway, if you have any recommendations or ideas for other small books, don't be afraid to tell me. This book is going to have some other storied in it, so it's not finished yet!

But for now, Bye!