Prologue

I'm the mean girl around school, I know. But you don't know anything at all.

Let me start off with an introduction: Hi, my name is Christina Heks. But don't you dare call me that - it's Stina to you.

All in all, I'm known as the meanest girl in Foxfire, the one that only Sophie Foster can put in her place. Supposedly.

Sophie Foster. She thinks she's so special because she came from the Forbidden Cities. Ha, what a joke. She scorns me because her snobby friends do. If only she knew she wasn't the only one from the Forbidden Cities.

I was born in Ohio. That's all I know. My parents were Elves, yes. I was taken back to the Elvin World at the age of five, where apparently no one had noticed my parents disappear off the face of our world.

I've always been a loner, really. My so-called friends? Mostly just a wall, a barrier to make sure no one gets to me. I'm guarded with everyone I meet, really.

I used to be nicer, y'know. I was the shy little girl, the one skipping around with flowers in her hair. The one everyone thought was weird. No one wanted to be friends with the freak. I was picked on constantly, because I had no friends. Essentially, I was a loser.

The breaking point for me was when my Mom passed away. She was murdered by the Neverseen; Sophie and her friends are crazy to even get involved. My Dad did, realizing that he needed the Black Swan's help sooner or later.

The Neverseen knew about my past, and were keen on getting more out of it. I was a moving target for them to hit and miss.

Anyways, I kind of reinvented myself right after my Mom passed away. I didn't need looks of pity from anyone: Oh, Christina, I'm so sorry, that must be awful. I was Stina now.

I came back next year and asserted myself. I got payback on those kids I hated. I became top dog around Foxfire, the one that ran those kids to pieces.

I was tired of being kicked down.

My friends? Well, most of them would have been freaks. Losers, even. Many see them as my minions, my posse, but really, each of them has their own personality.

They don't know much about my past. Sometimes, once in a while, I'll let myself have fun with them, get to know them. They're amazing people once you get there.

All of them are eternally grateful to me for saving them from the life of an outcast. Or something like that. I don't know how to make it sound less heroic, I'm sorry.

I get by every day for one reason: If I'm not the villain, it's going to be someone worse.

You don't know anything about the time before Stina because it was pure and utter torture.

-----------------------------

A/N: There you have it. Stina's perspective is quite interesting to write, because her stubborn, standoffish personality showcases her shell.

If there is anything inaccurate from the books, please just ignore. I'm not always very accurate at ages and stuff. I'm not perfect.

What do you think of Part One? Vote, comment, and share with your friends, pretty please.