Mistake

Edited: November 15th, 2020

The next few days were tense, to say the least. Whenever I wasn't with Bella, either the mutts or the Cullens would be guarding her. Neither of which I really cared for, but tolerated nonetheless. However, to take my mind off of the issues at hand, I volunteered to help with decorations fornthe graduation party the Cullens were having.

I was currently at the Cullen's helping Esme hang up streamers and balloons for the graduation party. I was in the process of hanging a bead-like curtain in a door-way, when Esme poked her head around the corner.

"I need to run a few errands. You got a handle on things?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'll finish up."

"Okay. If you need help, Jasper will be in his room."

"Okay. Thank you, Esme."

While I no doubt felt that I could finish this alone, I don't blame for wanting to keep an eye on me. After all, trashing Edward's room is a bit tempting.

.....

I was towards the end of decorating, when Jasper emerged from his room. I gave a friendly nod, and grabbed the last few lights that were to hung up.

"Do you need help with that?" Jasper asked.

"Sure. Knock yourself out."

I grabbed the stepladder, and moved over to the last spot.

"Okay. Just hand me the lights when I need them."

Hanging the lights was a little bit harder than I thought, but it got done nonetheless.

"Where does Esme want the empty boxes?" I asked.

"We can place them in the attic for now."

I grabbed a few boxes, and followed Jasper to the attic.

"You know, I half expected you guys have coffins just laying about." I said, looking around the attic.

Jasper snorted.

"I'm serious. I grew up on tales of Stoker's Dracula, and tales of Van Helsing. I didn't know that y'all were walking disco balls. I was expecting vampires to be afraid of the cross, holy water, and burn in the sun light."

"Bella said the same thing, when she first came over."

.......

As I grabbed my things to leave, it started to rain.

"That is one thing that I don't miss about living in Forks. I hate rain." I groaned, while putting my things back.

"You grew up here, didn't you?" Jasper asked.

"Yeah. That doesn't mean I like the rain. I've always hated it. Especially after my first stint in the Marines. Warm weather is where it's at."

I was putting my hoodie on, when a thought occurred.

"Jasper, why do guys go to high school? I mean, what's the point?"

"To keep up appearences, I suppose." He said.

"Doesn't that get boring though?" I asked.

"It does. That's why we either travel, or go to college occasionally."

"Huh. Okay, tell me this," I said, sitting on the couch. "How old are you really?"

"167."

My eyes widened.

"If you're.....then Carlisle's--"

"He just over 370."

I laughed in amazement.

.......

3rd Person PoV

When the others came back, they found Jasper and Ivy sitting on the couch, laughing together. They all went to their separate rooms, happy that Jasper found someone to be with. As the laughter died down, Ivy grabbed her things.

"I have to head home. Otherwise Charlie will hunt me down."

"I can drive you home, if you want?"

Ivy shook her head, with a small smile.

"That's okay. Good evening, Jasper."

"Good evening, Miss Swan."

"Call me Ivy. Miss Swan sounds too formal."

"Well then, have a lovely evening Miss Ivy." Jasper said, grinning.

"Ever the gentleman. Good evening, Jasper."

When Ivy got back to her brother's house, he was waiting up for her.

"Charlie, it's almost eleven. You didn't have to wait up for me."

"Yeah I did. Where were you?" Charlie asked, leaning against the kitchen doorway.

Ivy snorted.

"I was at the Cullen's. They needed help decorating for the graduation party. We have a temporary truce."

Charlie's eyes narrowed.

"Then why are your pupils dilated?"

"They are not."

"Yeah, they are. Even if they weren't, you're a bad liar."

"So? I'm an adult, my business is not yours."

She managed to get to the stairs, before Charlie grabbed her shoulder.

"Let, go." Ivy said, a growl building in her chest.

"No."

"Charlie, I suggest you let go. Before something happens." She warned.

"We're not--"

The next thing Charlie new, he was pinned against the wall, with Ivy holding him by his collar. Her eyes a milky white, almost silver, and a nasty sneer on her face.

"Don't. Touch. Me." She snarled.

"Ivy!"

Ivy turned her head to see Bella and Edward walking through the door. It was only then, did her anger dissipate. She dropped Charlie, sprinting out the back door.

"Ivy!"

She ignored them, running for the cover of the trees. She needed to get as far away as she could.