Spending time

Edit: February 12th, 2021 (Grammar)

After the graduation party was over, Jasper drove Ivy home. Both of them taking the time to get to know each other a bit better.

"Okay. If Carlisle is the oldest, then who's the second oldest?"

"Me."

"By how much?"

"Two hundred years."

Ivy's eyes widened.

"You're joking! I know you told me how old you are, but still. Are you sure vampires don't age?"

"I'm sure."

When they pulled up to house, they saw Charlie walking out. Fully dressed in his police uniform.

"Charlie, is everything okay?" She asked, getting out.

"I don't know. Do you remember Riley Biers?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"He's been missing for over a year. I just got a call, saying someone broke into his parents house. I'll be late, don't wait up."

"Be careful, okay?" Ivy asked.

"Always am, sis." Charlie said, before getting in his cruiser and driving off.

Ivy frowned, before shaking her head.

"C'mon. I need to change out of this dress."

Jasper, ever the gentleman, waited downstairs while Ivy changed clothes. While she did so, Jasper took the opportunity to look at some of the photo's on Charlie's mantle. The first one he saw, was of Ivy holding who he could only assume was a baby Bella. Ivy's hair was partially pulled back, her face being framed by bangs and a few stray strands. The smile on her face, was something Jasper had only seen when Carlisle, or his siblings looked at their mates with love.

A few pictures down the line, there was a picture of a young Charlie, and a couple he could only assume to be the chief's parents. Sitting on Charlie's shoulders was a very young Ivy. Her hair was a mess of curls, parted into pigtails. She had a purple outfit on. She had a frozen red treat in her right hand, with some of it smeared around her mouth.

"Jasper?"

"In here, darlin'."

Ivy walked into the living room with her duffle, groaning when she saw Jasper looking at old family photos.

"You were a cute kid."

"Please. If you ask my brother, I was the devil incarnate." She said, grinning.

"I bet.

After grabbing some snacks, Ivy and Jasper headed back to the Cullen's. They headed up to Jasper's study/bedroom, where they could talk some more. They sat on Jasper's couch, facing each other.

"So, what do we do now?" Ivy asked.

Jasper was silent for a bit. His seemingly drinking in the features of the beautiful women facing him. Her duel colored eyes, shining with curiosity, and wonder. Yet, they were filled with an underlying authority that he hadn't noticed before. Something that excited his...other self.

"What is it?" Ivy asked, tilting her head.

"Nothing. It's nothing." Jasper said, shaking his head slightly.

Without thinking, Ivy grabbed Jasper's hands.

"Jasper, you can trust me. I've seen shit, and experienced things no person should have to. Whatever you need to tell me, I think I can handle it." She said, in a calming voice.

Jasper proceeded to tell her about his past. She listened with rapt attention. Occasionally brushing her thumbs across his knuckles, in a soothing manor.

"After I left Peter and Charlotte, I wandered. I'd check in with them whenever I could. It wasn't easy. I tried to kill less. Only going for the worst of the worst. It wasn't until 1948, that I finally felt hope."

"Let me guess, Alice?" Ivy asked, grinning.

Jasper chuckled.

"Yeah. It had been raining, so I walked into a diner for some shelter. She was sitting at the bar. I'd taken a booth, nestled in a corner. Not wanting to draw attention myself. But Alice, she knew I was coming. She was the first vampire I met, that could show me a different way of living."

"I'm glad she found you. I don't think I've known a more interesting person in my entire life." Ivy said, a smile on her face.

She couldn't explain it, but Ivy felt a connection to Jasper. She felt safe with him. She couldn't tell what it was. It was there nonetheless.

It was then, that Jasper decided to take a risk. He leaned forward, sitting directly in front of her, placing his hands on her knees. He could hear her heart pick up in speed, spurring his excitement and curiosity further.

"Jasper?"

She could see his pupils were blown wide open. Almost to the point of where his irises were barely visible.

"I want to try something. Do you trust me?" He asked.

"Yeah."

Jasper closed the distance, Ivy's eyes closing in the process. He was cold, that much was obvious. But it wasn't uncomfortable. His lips were hard like marble, but unusually soft. Jasper removed one hand, and placed it on her cheek, softly caressing it with his thumb. After a minute, they pulled away.

Ivy's heart rate was up, her eyes were dark, and there was a gleam in her eyes. Jasper, on the other hand, he was in heaven. He just kissed his mate. Nothing could put him in a bad mood right now.

"That was....."

"Something else. Just.....just give me a minute." Ivy said.

She took a few deep breaths, slowing down her heart rate. After it was under control, Ivy stood up, stretching her arms.

"Before anything else happens, I'm gonna get my pajamas on. You mind if I use your walk-in?"

"Go ahead."

Ivy grabbed a shirt, and a pair of shorts before sauntering of to change. She hummed to herself, trying to keep herself calm. The kiss had her mind sprinting a hundred miles an hour. Her world was ablaze like never before. She had never felt that before with previous partners.

After pulling her shorts on, she walked back out and placed her clothes into an empty pouch on her duffel. Ivy flipped the covers back, got into bed, pulled the covers back up, and reached over to shut the the light off.

"Night Jasper." She said, before falling asleep.