Chapter 3 - Name Registered: Hank

HK800 whipped around so quickly he likely would've given himself whiplash had he been human, the android's sharp gaze instantly falling on a man standing a few paces back from him whose face twisted in a bemused half smile when his chocolate brown orbs met those crystal blue ones of the machine, the guy's soft pink tinged lips tugged up at the left corner alone while the rest of his mouth contorted into a wry smirk.

The man looked to stand at just a little over five and a half feet, gazing up with his head tilted back ever so slightly to meet the android's gaze even as they stood a few feet apart. His features were soft, pale skin melding smoothly over full cheeks to contrast perfectly against warm coffee orbs that remained large and doe-like even as the guy's lips twitched a bit higher in an almost teasing sort of smirk. The man's unstyled hair was as brown as his eyes and as soft as his delicate features, medium length locks curling wildly as a large section of wayward strands fell into his face on one side though they still managed to frame his features as if they belonged there despite the fact that it appeared as if the guy had barely bothered to run a brush through the chocolate locks.

Contrary to popular belief that one should strive to dress professionally when heading to the workplace - especially in a police department where there were probably oh, I don't know, uniforms, like everyone else in the department was sporting, one was expected to wear - the man had apparently decided this information was all fake news. The guy was sporting an oversized coat of sorts that looked well beyond its time with dark stains marring the once warm brown fabric in countless places and tan threads dangling from every discernable edge of the trashed thing.

Large triangle lapels stuck out to form the beginnings of a collar before trailing down to edge where the front of the garment was left to casually hang open, revealing a white button up undershirt that was at least in better condition than the aging jacket. Though any semblance of professionalism the neat shirt might've won for the outfit was negated by the haphazardly done tie that was, in no way, shape or form, no matter how hard you squinted, done in a fashion one could call correct, the item loose on the man's collar and twisted about itself in such a way that the whole thing somewhat resembled a cultic snake orgy.

Paired with the poor excuse for a tie job and the fact that the man's chest was rising and falling a beat too heavy to be considered normal, the realization that the guy's soft face was flushed slightly to color his full cheeks a light pink, HK800 was easily able to identify why his calculations had been botched. The android had failed to account for Detective Anderson rushing.

"My apologies." HK800 offered evenly, ducking his head slightly in an apologetic display before straightening back up to place both hands behind his back, large digits of one limb wrapping lightly around the wrist of the other.

"Don't kill yourself over it." Connor dismissed flippantly, waving an unbothered hand in front of himself before lowering it to jam both hands casually into the large pockets of his overcoat, the slim limbs all but disappearing in the deep folds of the fabric. "I mean, that is kinda exactly what I set it up for," The guy went on smoothly, his lilting voice rising and falling over the words like soft waves ebbing at the seashore. "Though, I gotta say, I was kinda expecting Gavin to be the one to fall victim to my cunning snare." The man noted with a slight chuckle, then shrugged his slender shoulders in a quick upwards jerk before letting them roll smoothly back into their normal position, as if to dismiss the whole conversation with that simple gesture.

"Detective Anderson, I presume?" HK800 inquired evenly despite the fact that a rapid facial scan indicated the accuracy of this assumption. The android was eager to move on the moment apologies were officially out of the way and the machine was assured his side mission of Form Partnership With Connor hadn't been compromised, HK800 impatient to actually get on with his mission now that the man he was supposed to be working with had finally arrived and pressed to get formalities out of the way.