Chapter 28 - Kamski

Everything inside the club was cast in a deep red hue, glowing crimson bars lined the edges of the high roof and gyrating dance lights sat along the floor, tinged the same rich color and blinking out the deep cadence of the rhythmic song still blaring loudly from huge speakers laying in the shadows at each corner of the wide room. The floor itself was even toned a deep rose, made of some sheer, white material that was backlit by diluted ruby lights underneath it so that even the ground underfoot pulsed in time with the music. The color continued on to suede platforms that rose up from the underlit ground, some offering a long pole in the center, others displaying popular "kits", but all surrounded by tall glass walls that rose up to the ceiling with only a single panel in the center of them to marr their crystal clear surface, likely for payment transactions.

Most notable certainly, however, was the fact that each and every display held an android, a violet LED fit snugly into the the smooth skin at the temple of each and every creature leaving no question to that. A female style WR400 with short orange hair framing her perfectly sculpted features was captive in the tube nearest the entrance, hands bound high above her head in advertisement of some complex swing system you could include in your session for only twenty dollars more. What a deal. Nearby a HR400 styled after a well built Asian male was in no better condition, mouth stretched wide around what looked more like a baseball without the stitching than a gag of any sort, but Hank supposed he could assume pleasure model androids such as these had been designed to be able to open their mouths as wide as they needed to.

It as all... oddly disconcerting. Though, Hank of course could feel no such bothersome itch at the back of his mind as he took in the scene around him because he, like all these androids on display, was a machine. The robot hadn't much time to muse on this, however, as he was all but drug by Connor past a tube containing a slim built male model droid who locked eyes with the HK800 and shot the police model a flirty smile as he spun himself around a sleek pole by a leg before bending backwards in an elaborate flourish that extended his flat stomach in an elegant stretch and arched slender hip bones high.

"Hey, Hank." The detective prompted thoughtfully as the pair slowly made their way farther into the club, letting his eyes flick around the scene but never seeming to let them rest on any one thing for too long. "Can your LED do that?" The man questioned curiously, drawing a small circle into his own temple with the tip of his index finger as he spoke.

"I do not believe so, Detective." Hank replied certainly, sparing a short glance at the nearest android's temple and taking in the small, glowing, pink circle fit there into the dark skin, the luminescent sheen unlike anything he'd ever encountered before in his own experience. "These androids are specifically designed for pleasure so my design is inconsistent with theirs on many levels." The machine elaborated professionally, well, as professionally as anyone discussing the differences between themselves and an electronic sex doll could anyway. "For example, while I am able to analyze evidence orally and they are not, they are able to assess a human's sexual preferences through visual analyses alone, while I cannot." The android offered helpfully, earning a small chuckle from his companion.

"Thank god for that." Connor snickered lightly, making an elaborate display of pretending to wipe sweat from his brow before stuffing his hands in his pockets. "So..." The man began slowly, stretching the syllable out over his tongue and letting it hang in the air between them. "Does that mean you're, um." The detective tried to ask but let his words hang once more as if he somehow expected Hank to read his mind when the android had obviously just stated he could do no such thing. "Unequipped?" Connor finally got out shortly, snapping his jaws shut as soon as the word had passed his lips and carefully becoming exceptionally interested with the ceiling, though even with his head turned the HK800 could still easily see the flaming blush painting the man's cheeks.