IX

Sparx entered first, then followed Spyro. This last one said:

"Where are we?"

"The better question is... what's that smell?" answered the dragonfly.

Perfect... They are here...

As the beam at the middle glowed, Gaul laughed. And he activated the green fires with the dark magic Malefor gave him.

"The purple whelpling!" he exclaimed, his voice resonating through the entire room. "It's fitting that you should be here tonight... as we bear witness to the dawn of a new age... and the failure of your pathetic race of Dragons!"

"I wouldn't miss it, Gaul", he answered with some pride and confidence in the future of this fight.

He took his scepter and pointed him into the Spyro's direction before using magic on him and retort:

"Then please... have a seat."

His was powerful enough to control that action on the Purple Dragon. It was so pathetic. He? Almost as strong as Malefor? Ah! He laughed.

"Foolish Dragon... you are no match!"

"I've made it this far, haven't I?"

"Yes. You have been quite elusive. Had I but known that all it would take would be your miserable amity for Cynder. How tragic really..."

A form flied and rushed into Spyro.

"... that she would be the one who destroy you."

It was perfect. He was going to die, and it was going to be so satisfying after all he did.

She attacked him and put him on the ground! He got up.

"You don't need to do this, Cynder."

"Just like old times, huh Spyro?" she answered with determination.

Gaul, then, let escaped a laugh from his mouth. It was too funny to see that, and too satisfying to know that it will finally be over with this Dragon!

The two young Dragons began to turn around each other just like if they were in an arena...

And Cynder was the first to attack!

She rushed and jumped...

... to finally fly into Gaul!

Rage, Despair and Madness were now flowing right through the entire body of the Ape King, of this broken soul.

A tear coming to his lonely eye, he brutally grabed Cynder and yelled:

"This isn't over!"

And he threw her on the wall with violence and strength.

Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me...

She hit the rock and fell unconscious.

One Ape began to get closer to Spyro but Gaul stopped him.

"Don't touch it! The whelpling is mine!"

He wanted to fight with honnor this Dragon and, most of all, as his madness was now controlling him, he wanted to finish it by himself, he wanted to break his bones, to slip him, to make his blood flowing like a river!

He jumped in the arena, landing with a loud noise. And he put his two hands behind his back before, when Spyro made a surprised face, taking his swords with a loud growl, ready to fight and ready to kill!

He tried to slash but he dodged, going a bit far from him!

Oh no, my boy! You're not going anywhere!