Chapter 2

Jace PoV

Waking up the next morning I'm craving one thing and one thing only. Ice cream. Specifically cookies and cream from the ice cream parlour down in vale.

As I check the time I think "fuck it" and start to get dressed before going to the landing platform and take one of the bullheads that is going to be picking up new students.

Hopping off the bullhead I stick to the shadows as I walk past students, noticing Ruby with a tall blonde haired girl "must be her sister" I mutter to myself as I see the shop up ahead and start to smile.

As I step into the shop I can already smell the cones being cooked and walk up to the counter, but before I make it more then half way I accidentally bump into something. Confused I look down to see a beautiful woman with brown and pink hair.

"I'm so sorry about that I didn't see you there" I offer my hand that she takes as I give her a slight smile, I notice a small blush on her cheeks.

"My names Jace, Jace Lunarus At you service madame" gives her a small but over exaggerated bow with a smirk playing at my lips.

She quickly pulls out a scroll and types furiously bitting her bottom lip softly in concentration before handing the scroll to me 'my names Neo, short for Neapolitan and you made me drop my Ice Cream cone'

After I read this I look at the floor to notice that I did indeed make her drop her cone "shit sorry about that let me buy you another" I quickly lift her up and start to carry her to the shop front.

A bright blush on Neos cheeks she starts to type again before putting the the scroll in front of me face 'what do you think your doing? You made me drop my cone not injure my leg or anything like that'

I let out a short laugh as I set her down in front of the cash register "I made you drop your cone so I was being a gentle man and making sure you didn't slip and injure yourself"

"Gentleman? You? HA don't make me laugh Jace" a man behind the counter says as he starts to laugh and offers his fist out to bump

"Very funny Chucky very funny indeed you ass" as I fist bump the now known chucky "I need one of the usuals for me my dude and a large Neapolitan cone for the beauty besides me" I point at the now blushing Neo as I lean against the counter as I look at her thinking.

Neo confused of why I'm starring at her quickly starts to type on her scroll blushing brightly from my compliment unused to them as she hands me the scroll again 'why are you starring at me? Do I have something on my face' I laugh softly after reading what she typed. "No sorry about that Neo I was just thinking I may be able to help heal your throat and you may be able to talk but it's up to you" I turn and take the cones from Chucky after paying for them and handing Neo hers

Neo completely stunned by the generosity of the stranger in front of her starts to feel a strange warm ness in her heart and starts to nod quickly at the offer not even thinking of using her scroll.

Laughing Jace turns to Chucky where he see's that he's already got a pair of keys out for him to take "you know where the door to my place is just don't do anything too crazy smoke boy" I take the keys off him with a quick thank you and guide the still stunned and nodding Neo to the door, eating my ice cream as I go.

"Okay okay Neo you need to stop nodding you'll hurt yourself" I say as I place my hand on her head and pet her hair softly with a smile on my face

I unlock the door and walk up the stairs to a larger living area filled with boxes and a couch "okay Neo sit down on the couch and I'll get everything prepped"