~Chapter 1~

Mysterious boy

OCTOBER 1988

It was a rainy day in Derry. It was actually a normal day for the localhost, but not really. They freaked out when they saw some strangers invading their town.

Those strangers weren't tourists or just visiting their family, they were moving to Derry. Some of the localhost gave them a weird look and the others a curious look. But each localhost has something in common: 'What are rich people doing in a small town?'

Yes, that's right. The most richest person in the world is moving into the smallest town of Maine. It didn't last longer and they finally reach their new household. Michael Smith, the one who has the biggest bank account in Switzerland, parked the car in front of the garage door. He, then, turned to his lovely wife, Lilly Smith, and his beautiful daughter, Eleanor Smith.

"Welcome home, girls", said Michael. They got out of the car to see how is into the house.

Eleanor get out of the car looking at the houses of her new neighbourhood. For her all houses looked old and well-worn, but one of the them took her attention. Well, it wasn't better than the others, but she could felt eyes on her. That felling burned her from the inside. She looked up and down that house until she saw a boy, around her age, at the window from the first floor. He was staring directly into her eyes that felt like leading to the bottom of her soul. She couldn't help herself and stare back at him. They stood like that for a few minutes until Eleanor decided to help her parents to unpack the things.

She grabbed some boxes and quickly ran inside. She carried them upstairs to her bedroom. It wasn't huge like the old one, but it was enough for her. She started to put up things, beginning with her clothes and finishing with her books, putting some on the shelf above the desk and some on the shelf in the house's library. She put her favourite book, 'The Woman in Black', on the bedside table and her walkman on top of the book. When she finally finished with the last retouch, she fall on her fluffy queen sized bed checking on the clock alarm.

"It's already 10:30 PM?", she said to herself.

She decided to get off of the bed and just look out the window. She looked down to the lampposts. They were illuminating the street. She continued to admire the lights until she saw a shadow near to a lamppost across the street in front of her house. She immediately recognised who's shadow was. It was the boy from earlier. He, once again, stared at her, but this time was different. He was staring at her like he was reading his favourite book or comic. She was fascinating him... somehow. They were staring at each other even though it was rude to stare. They stood like that until Eleanor's mother came into her room.

"Eleanor, dear. Time for bed. What are you doing at the window?", she asked suspicious.

"Umm... I was just closing the curtains.", Eleanor responded to her mother, closing the curtains.

"Okay. Just get to bed. Tomorrow is a big day.", said Lilly exited.

"Alright, mom. I'm just going to school, tomorrow. You don't have to make such a big deal."

"Of course, I do. You are beginning a new school, dear. And I don't want to hear your aggressive voice again. Got it?", said Lilly having a mad expression.

"Yes mother.", replied Eleanor looking at the ground.

"Good. Now, go to bed. It's getting late.", her mother finished and exited her bedroom.

Eleanor sighted in relief. Sometimes she really hated her mother. But Lilly always loved her.

The girl put on a black night dress. She turned off the lights and ran over to the window hopping she's going to see the mysterious boy again. She pull a little bit the curtain, to see only the lamppost. Without anyone near it. She, sadly, let go to the curtain and slowly turn around. Once she was facing the bed, she felt a pair of hands covering her mouth defending her from screaming.

"Shhh... . Don't scream. I'm not gonna hurt you.", a soft masculine voice whispered into the girl's left ear. Eleanor relaxed, breathing heavier than before. The person finally removed his hands from her mouth. She, then, turned around to face the person that hold her mouth. The stranger wasn't really a stranger. He was that mysterious boy from the lamppost.

"Who are you? What are doing here? Why were you staring at me earlier today? What do you want from me? Are you gonna kill me?", asked Eleanor very quickly, mostly for herself.

"Calm down, sweet cheeks. I'm here just to welcome you in our town.", the mysterious boy whispered to the girl.

"Thank you.", said Eleanor politely to him. "What's your name?"

"Patrick. What about you, hot stuff?", he asked making the girl to blush a dark shade of red to the nickname that was given by him. 'Thank God is dark in here' thought Eleanor for herself.

"Eleanor Smith.", said the girl confidently, stretching her right hand out for him to shake it. But instead of that he just took her hand and pulled her very close to him being able to sniff her hair. The girl got a little uncomfortable, but she like it... somehow.

"Sweet dreams, princess.", whispered Patrick into Eleanor's ear, bitting softly at it, making the girl to blush again a dark shade of crimson. After that the mysterious boy rushed over the window and climbed down the wall.

Not long after Patrick left, Eleanor goes over the window to take a last glare of him, but he wasn't there. It looked like he merely vanished.

"Good night, mysterious boy.", said Eleanor as if Patrick would hear her.

She stood by the window a few more minutes, then she decided to finally go to bed. She get on the comfortable purple bed and pull the covers over keeping her warmth.

Words count: 1022

~~~~~~~

'I was just an only child of the universe'