~Chapter 3~

Warning

He dragged her around the school until they reached a door. He smiled at her and opened the door for her. The teacher stopped his lesson and looked at the two teenagers walking into his class.

"Hi, Mr. Bing.", Patrick waved at the teacher like he was his best friend.

"Mr. Hockstetter. You're late. Again.", says Mr. Bing.

"I know. But this time, I have a very good reason."

"Would you like to illuminate me?", says Mr. Bing sarcastically.

"Well, Eleanor, here, is a new student so I offered to show her around. Would you like to greet her? It you'll be very nice from you.", says Patrick, making Eleanor to chuckle behind him and Mr. Bing to blush in embarrassing.

"F-for yo-your info-information, I knew we have a new student. But I didn't know when she'll arrive.", he says whispering the last sentence, then he cleared his throat. "Welcome to Derry High School, Eleanor."

"Thanks.", says Eleanor and went after Patrick in the back of the class. She was about to sit down next to a girl with long red hair. 'She seems nice', thought Eleanor, but she was pulled away from that seat by a strong bony hand. She looked on her side and saw Patrick giving her a warning look and then he looked at the teacher, still angry. Eleanor looked at him terrified, then she shrugged it off and looked at the teacher who was rambling on about things we don't need in life.

A few minutes went by and Eleanor was bored. She looked at Patrick who was sleeping profoundly, then she remembered about the pretty red head girl. She looked at her. She looked like was doodling on her notebook. She didn't pay attention to anyone. So Eleanor had the idea of sending her a paper.

"Hey there! I'm Eleanor. I'm sorry for not sitting by you, I was dragged by the jerk beside me:/" wrote Eleanor. She made the paper an aeroplane and shoot it at her. It landed, surprisingly, in her hair. She looked up at the teacher, to see he wasn't looking and she took the aeroplane paper out of her head. She unfoled the paper and started to read the message. She looked on her side and saw Eleanor who was waving at her. The girl waved back and took her pencil and started to doodle again. Eleanor looked down at her notebook, disappointed. Suddenly she felt a paper hitting her shoulder. She looked down at the paper that hitted her and took it. She unfolded the paper and started to read. It was the paper she sended to the girl. But there was a something else written too.

"Hey there new kid! I'm Beverly. Do you want to stay with me at lunch? You know if you don't have anyone to stay with:)", it read. She smiled to herself and took her pencil, starting to write her back.

"Of course I will! Just let me get away from this lunatic ->", she wrote fast and gave the paper to her. She almost started to laugh.

The bell rang for break and Eleanor, rushed out of the class, before Patrick could wake and take her God knows where. Once she was in the hallway, full of students, took out her schedule to see where is her locker. When she arrived at the locker, she unlocked it and put in some unnecessary books, then she slammed it close and made her way to the next class which was history.

She looked around the classes trying to find hers. The bell rang warning that the classes has begun. She was lost. The kids were rushing to their classes while she was moving around to find someone to tell her where is her class. Suddenly she felt someone tapping her shoulder so she turned around. There was a small boy with brown hair and hazel eyes. He had a red fany-pack. He was looking shyly at me, then he spoke up.

"Hello. I'm Eddie. Are-are you lost?", he asked.

"Pretty much. Yeah, umm do you know where misses McLaren's class is?", she looked at him hoping he'll tell her.

"Oh, yes. That's my class. Let's go.", he said leading me to the class.

A few minutes went by when Eddie suddenly stopped in front of a door. The boy opened the door and mentioned for Eleanor to enter first. Eleanor smiled at him and entered the classroom, then Eddie made his way inside.

"Good morning miss McLaren.", he greeted the teacher. Eleanor expected her to be looking at them harsh, but she was smilling at them. "Sorry I'm late, I was leading our new student.", said the smaller boy giving her a smal smile.

"Hello Eddie. And you must be Eleanor. Our new student. Welcome to Derry High School dear.", she said smilling at her. Eleanor couldn't help but feel embarrassed. She hated introducing herself to strangers even though they were her age. Eddie wasn't beside her anymore which makes her feel abandoned. Like he doesn't want her to be his friend anymore. It's not like she actually wanted him to be her friend. She always considered herself as a 'lonley loser'. She gave the teacher a small smile and walked deeper into the class but was stopped by the teacher.

"Eleanor, please go seat beside Victor. Mr. Criss raise your hand.", miss McLaren said raising her voice with the last sentence. As the younger girl heard the name of "Victor" she sighted in relief thinking it was the "Victor" she met that morning.

She made her way to the raised pale hand and finally saw the boy's face. He gave her a small smile which she returned it. She sitted down and got out her stuffs. Victor turned to Eleanor.

"Hey there.", he told her.

"Hey Victor", she said back.

"Looks like we have English together.", he said smirking. Eleanor looked at him blushing a bright shade of red. She gave him a small smile and payed attention at the teacher.

A few minutes later, Victor turned to Eleanor again, but this time he has a more friendly and concerned look.

"I just wanted to say", he started to whisper, "be careful around Patrick. He can be very...uhm...aggressive, sometimes."

"Thanks for the warning, Vic. But I think I can protect myself from him.", she whispered back giving him a thankful smile.

Victor nodded and turned back around to pay attention to the class. Eleanor did the same. She may seemed fine, but she wasn't. She was scared. She couldn't imagine what Patrick would do to her if she didn't obey him. She feared for her life but she cannot let him or anyone see that she was afraid.

Words count: 1133

~~~~~~~

'You are the sun and I am just planets
Spining around you
Spining around you'