7

~

DECEMBER

DECEMBER

~

The school halls were decorated with posters about the Winter Formal, and Bailey swore if she heard one more person talk to her about it, she was going to scream. She walked up the hall toward where Courtney and a few of her friends were selling tickets, her eyes wandering over Clay as he stood before them.

'I didn't know Clay Jensen did dancing,' Courtney's friend suggested to the boy.

'Clay Jensen lost a bet to Jeff Atkins,' He replied.

'It's cute how Clay talks about himself in the third person,' The other girl flirted.

'Would that be the bet that he couldn't get above a C in english and history?' The Matthews girl asked as she approached him; 'No faith.'

Clay shrugged with a smile, reaching for the ticket from Courtney.

'Here's your ticket, handsome,' Courtney smiled; 'Remember, it's formal so no exposed midriffs.'

'Got it,' Clay nodded.

'And I hope you'll save a dance for me.'

'Um... Sure. I don't actually dance.'

The girls gigled before turning their gaze to Bailey, smiling at her.

'Will we see you there, Bailey?' Courtney asked.

'Courtney, you know I don't do these types of things. It would take a lot to get me to go,' She smirked.

'Aw, come on. There's lots of hot guys going.'

'I'm sure there is. And you girls can have a nice night with them. I'll be at home watching the game.'

'Will Drew and Jeff be going?' Courtney's friend asked.

'Uh, probably. There's hardly ever a party without them there.'

Courtney's friends giggled as they looked at each other, causing Bailey to roll her eyes and wave to them.

'See you in class, Courtney,' She muttered as she walked away.

~

Bailey groaned as she dumped her bag by the front door as she got home, calling out to her parents. Her brows furrowed at the silence that came in reply, soft murmurs coming from upstairs.

'Mum? Dad?' She called; 'Drew? You home?'

She looked up the stairs when she heard heavy footsteps, Drew appearing seconds later with a huge grin on his face.

'What'd you do?' She asked.

'What? Can't I just be happy to see my sister?' He replied.

'Yes. But not when you're grinning like that Cheshire Cat.'