chapter 6: cloud nine

Hey guys! New chapter!! This one is pretty long, sorry about that. I just want to let you all know that my updates might slow down a bit. School will start for me in a few days, so that'll take up practically all of my time. I promise I'll study hard, and write in my free time! I already have this whole story planned out, so it'd be a waste to not continue. Anyways, please enjoy the chapter! Thank you to everyone reading, love you guys. <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"1-1... 1-2... There it is! Class 1-3!"

You tiptoe and barely manage to peek through the window, scanning the room for the grumpy, ebony haired setter.

There he was, at the very back of the class! His head was resting unbalanced on his fist, almost falling face first onto his desk. You could imagine he was snoring up a storm in there. This was the boy you liked. What a sight. The crown of his head looked like a coconut.

You take a moment to compose yourself, you had nothing to worry about! You practiced what you were going to ask him in the mirror probably a thousand times. Plus, you would do it in private, no one else watching, so neither of you would get embarrassed!

You knock on the door and wave through the window. A bunch of people from your art club greet you when you step inside.

"_____! Whatcha doin' here?"

"Oh hi, _____! Yeah, anything you need?"

"_____, wanna have lunch with us?"

"Oh yeah! I forgot to ask, can you tell me about that water colour technique?"

You lose your train of thought for a second, people bombarding you with questions. They're all crowding around and everyone's eyes are on you. You lose your bearings for a moment and speak up.

"Um! Hehe, thanks guys but I can't be here for long. I-I just need to speak with someone." Everyone's attention is piqued even more, what would someone from advanced classes like you need from someone here? Were you gonna confess to someone? Who was the lucky person?!

"Oh? Who?" Everyone seems to crowd around even more.

You gulp and stutter out in a meek voice, "K-Kageyama..."

"WHAT?!" everyone exclaims, shocked. Out of everyone, Kageyama?! Sure, he was tall and sorta cool, but wasn't he kind of dumb?

THUD!

At the noise Kageyama opens his eyes, his hand slips out from under his chin and he falls face first on his desk. He shoots straight up, clutching his head and curses spill from his mouth. Most of his classmates are losing it and you glare at them. He could really be hurt!

"Kageyama!"

You push through the crowd and bend down to check on him, worry coursing through your veins. "Are you alright? Is your head okay? Tsk, be more careful, you coconut head!"

"_____?!" He looks up at you with a pained grimace. Oh god, of all time for you to show up at his class, it had to be now, didn't it? "W-what are you doing here?! And who are you calling coconut, huh?" He glares up at you like a child throwing a tantrum as you brush his hair back, checking for a bump.

"Oh no, your forehead is red, that's totally gonna bruise! Come on, let's go to the nurse!" You pull him out of his seat and speed walk to the nurses office, Kageyama stumbling off behind you.

Kageyama's class stares off in shock.

-

"My gosh, you can't just fall asleep like that all the time!" He sits with a pout as you scold him lightly, holding an ice pack to his sore forehead as he pushes his bangs back.