O N E

~Anonymous

Although Tessa was used to silence, she refused to get used to the loneliness. Opening her eyes from her slumber, her eyes naturally squinted due to the brightness of the natural daylight, she rubbed the crust out her eyes and waited for them to adjust to the lighting.

Slowly sitting up, she held her lower back that was in slight pain due to the little fetus that was growing inside of her stomach. Just last week she hit four months, meaning the beginning of her second trimester. Her baby bump was still very small but visible to the naked eye.

Although she was happy, something- her someone was missing.

Seeing someone you love lay almost lifeless in a hospital bed, not knowing when or if they'll wake up is extremely heartbreaking especially when you're carrying half of their DNA in your stomach.

Feeling weight being pressed down against her bed, caused her to stop rubbing her eyes only to be greeted by her fiancés mother.

"Good morning Tessa." Mary Anne greeted with a soft smile.

"Good morning Mary Anne, how are you?" Tessa asked, a tired smile placed on her face as she rubbed on her stomach.

"I should be asking you that." Mary Anne replied as she took a seat on the edge of the bed next to Tessa.

"How are you both doing?" Mary Anne asked as she placed her both hands gently on Tessa's stomach, causing the baby to move.

"The baby is definitely awake." Tessa chuckled. "But we're doing great." She continued as she looked down on her bump, admiring it more and more the longer she stared at it.

"He'll wake up soon."

Tessa looked up and locked eyes with her soon to be mother in law, but looked away not wanted her to see the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes.

"You know, I've been hearing that and I- I'm just tired of hearing it. I want to see it. I want him to hurry up and wake up. Even if it's not for me or you... I want him to wake up our child." And just like that the tears fell uncontrollably from Tessa's eyes.

"I'm so scared Mary Anne, I'm so scared!" Tessa cried into her hands.

"I know sweetheart, I know." Mary Anne soothed as she took Tessa into her arms, being careful of her stomach.

"You just need to keep having that faith in God and allow him to do his work."  Mary Anne encouraged after she pulled from the hug and took hold of her two hands.

Looking Mary Anne in the eyes, Tessa nodded her and took deep breaths to calm herself down. After a long while of holding in her emotions, letting it out was a like a weight lifted off her shoulder.

"Come on, you freshen up and I'll have breakfast ready." Mary Anne said with a small smile, in which Tessa mirrored back weakly and nodded.

After Mary Anne left the room, Tessa got up and walked into the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom and immediately undressed and wrapped herself with one of the Egyptian Cotton towels.

She slighting cringed as soon as she took a look in the mirror; her eyes and the tip of her nose was red due to the crying she did earlier.

Doing her regular morning routine, she brushed her teeth and took a hot shower, releasing some tension in her muscles. After her shower, she went back into her room and grabbed her coconut body butter she got from The Body Shop.