6: The Truth

Alli Bhandari stared at the new girl as she walked into last class, late as usual. Alli watched her in pure disgust. She had witnessed her make-out session with Johnny, and now she was pissed. When Justice has sat in her usual place, Alli leaned towards Claire. "What do you know about that Justice girl?" she whispered.

Claire shrugged, glancing towards the curly-haired girl who was now writing on her blog. "I don't know anything about her. Why would you want to know?"

Alli leaned away, turning back to her computer. "No reason."

When class was over, Alli parted ways with Claire as she made her way to her locker, only to find Johnny talking with Bruce. She stayed back, listening in on their conversation. Apparently, Bruce wanted Johnny to meet him at the Dot. Of course, Johnny commented that it was lame and he would never go there, until Bruce explained to him his plan to prank Spinner, then he was all for it.

Alli formed a plan then and hurried off to find Justice. She found her digging around in her locker and approached her. "Hey, Justice!" she said cheerily.

Justice glanced at her. "Uhm. Hi, Alli?"

Alli leaned against the lockers. "Would you like to accompany myself and a couple friends to the Dot?"

"No." she said flatly.

"Please! I think it'd be great to get to know each other."

"Why? We have no relation. We've never even spoken to each other."

"Actually, I was wanting to thank you for sticking up for me about the picture incident with Johnny." She said, quickly. "I would like to treat you to the Dot, and maybe we can be friends."

Justice smiled, closing her locker and slung her bag over her shoulder. "Normally, I wouldn't hand with kids, but you seem pretty cool, Bhandari." She said. "I'll meet you and your friends at seven." With that, she walked passed Alli.

Justice walked through the halls to the front of the school. As she skipped down the steps to the sidewalk, she realized she would have to take the long walk home. Since she had upset Peter, she assumed he wouldn't speak with her, so she wouldn't even bother. She would catch the bus, but she didn't know her bus number, nor how to get it. Maybe she wouldn't even go home just yet. Maybe she would go to the Dot early and just wait for Alli and her friends to arrive.

As she was walking through the parking lot, she stepped out in front of a truck without realizing it because her mind was so far gone. Her heart jumped as she heard the tires screech against the pavement. Standing in the middle of the road, she looked over to find Peter sitting in the driver's seat, staring back at her with wide eyes. Obviously, shocked about nearly hitting her.

Looking away, she continued to walk until his voice called her back, "Get in."

"No." Justice called, continuing to walk.

Peter drove up beside her. "I said we needed a break. But that didn't mean I want us to stop talking." He said. "Besides, I drove you here. I'm not going to let you walk home."

"I can make it on my own." She said. "It's not too far."

"Justice. . ." Peter said softly. There was a brief silence.

Justice sighed, giving in, and got into the truck. Closing the door, she sat her bag on her lap and stared straight ahead. Peter stared at her for a moment, and then began to drive.