*DISCLAIMER* Since I know not many people actually read the A/N chapter I'm putting this here.
I DO NOT CONDONE OR SUPPORT ABUSE IN ANY FORM. IF YOU READ MY THOUGHTS & STUFF BOOK YOU'D KNOW I AM FAMILIAR WITH THAT TOPIC. I BEGAN TO WRITE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 14 AFTER READING A BUNCH OF STORIES SIMILAR IN PLOT TO THIS ONE. IF YOU BELIEVE I SUPPORT OR CONDONE ABUSE YOU CAN LEAVE AMD AMY COMMENTS RELATING TO THAT WILL BE DELETED AND MUTED. Thank you if you made it to the end of this disclaimer.

Nevaeh's POV

Hi, I'm Nevaeh Woods, the Smoldering Embers Pack servant, or rather their slave. I know it might sound stupid, but I have an ever-growing hope that in a week when I turn 18, my mate will save me and take me away from this dump. Sorry, I mean pack. Even though I don't have much to live for, that's the reason I have stayed all this time.

And before you ask, "What about your parents?!", I must tell you that they are the ones who gave me to the Alpha. They needed to repay their debt to him so instead of finding another way to do so, they gave me up. They are dead to me.

Flashback

Nevaeh is 10

Mamma and daddy have been acting weird all day. They won't even look at me and when I ask what's wrong they look like they are about to hug me to their chest and cry uncontrollably. Yet, they continue to resist the silent urge.

There is a sudden loud burst of knocking on our door, making me wonder who it is. Is Sasha supposed to be coming over today? My mom opens the door to reveal, not my best friend Sasha, but the larger than life Alpha. He's terrifying with his intimidating height, inflamed square-shaped face, straight and pointed strict stance nose, deep brown eyes filled with anger, and side-swept brown hair. He doesn't resemble any emotion of happiness, but rather a deep fury.

"Why don't you come in and let's sit on the couch and talk. Nav, go to your room and stay there, ok?" My mamma looks frightened with a sense of regret buried in the depths of her chocolate eyes. It seems weird to me-different- but I don't question it.

Instead, I politely say, "Ok, mamma." I run up the stairs, skipping every other one, with fear of the Alpha's wrath clouding my mind.

I walk, or rather jog, into my room and plop down on the bed with a thud. I lay there for what seems like hours, but was possibly only a few minutes, trying to sort out the questions floating in every inch of my mind. I soon grow frustrated and bored with the process and instead decide to eavesdrop on their conversation. Being the curious 10-year-old that I am, I want to know what they are talking about, and if it involves me by any chance.

I sit quietly at the bottom of the stairs with my head in my hands, listening intently. That's when I hear my mother gasp.

"No! You can't! She's all we have!" Mamma starts to cry out the tears that she has been holding in all day. I wonder who mamma is speaking of. Who is "she"?

"Well it's either I take her and you live, or I kill both of you and leave her an orphan. Either way, " the Alpha shrugs his shoulders, "the pup comes with me. So, what's your pick?" The Alpha's gruff voice reverberated unimaginable power, slicing through the air and making me shiver. "Kill?" "Orphan?", I silently question as my body goes numb. After an excruciating period of silence, my father speaks up with a barely controlled voice.