26

Nevaeh's POV

Black darkness. That's all I've seen for the past few hours. I mostly hear beeping and occasional voices. But it's weird, I don't know where I am.

My hand tingles.

Xavier.

I faintly hear his voice talking, then stop.

Minutes pass by and the still strange tingles remain. Why hasn't he let go? It's not like I'm in the hospital or anything.

A bright light appeared before me, coming closer by the second.

Wait. Was I standing before? Was I even laying down?

"Clear!"

My body jolts violently.

Athena!! What's happening?!

"Clear!"

I'm nearly engulfed by the light when my body jolts once again.

Athena!! Help me!! I don't know what's going on!

"My moon child? Is that you dear?"

Mamma?

"Clear!"

My back arched.

Everything went white.

Then I was falling.

Thud.

"Ow, that hurt."

A shuffling noise came from beside me.

"Nevaeh? What are you doing here?" Mamma helped me up.

I shook my head. "I don't know myself."

Mamma paled suddenly. She rushed to a window and her eyes clouded over. Her head started shaking violently. Her hand detached from the window and rushed back to me.

Mamma's hands wrapped around my arms and shook me.

"Dear, you need to wake up. Go back to your mate and Pack. If you stay here any longer you'll die, and I won't be able to bring you back."

My throat clogged up. I couldn't breathe, and that alarmed me. I wrapped my hands around my throat. As if that could help me at all.

"Clear!"

No One's POV

Nevaeh collapsed onto the floor, her body convulsing. Artemis rushed to her daughter's side. Thinking quickly, she pressed her hands on her daughter's chest, feeling her heart beat once more. Just to make sure, she listened for the sound of her breathing, letting out a sigh of relief when she did.

She definitely needs to go back. Now.

Artemis frantically shook Nevaeh, trying to wake her up as soon as possible.

"Nevaeh, dear, wake up! you need to leave! Wake up!"

Slowly, almost too slow for Artemis, Nevaeh awakens. Her eyes flutter rapidly, coughing slightly. Artemis takes it upon herself to move her daughter to the nearest couch, by herself. Now, remember, Nevaeh is light so it didn't take much effort on Artemis's part.

Motherly instincts took over Artemis, brushing Nevaeh's hair away, lightly slapping her cheeks, and gently calling her name, doing whatever she could to wake her semi-conscious daughter. She became slightly panicked when her Nevaeh wouldn't wake up completely. By now she was frantically shaking Nevaeh.

"Nevaeh, if you hear me, wake up. Not here, but back at the pack. They need you, Xavier needs you. Wake up like the strong girl I know you are."

Sobs wracked Artemis's body as she collapsed beside Nevaeh's disappearing body. Her little girl was going home.