Welcome to the Velvet Room

Third Person POV 

The elevator was heading up. Its walls were lined with a deep blue fabric. The carpet on the floor the same shade. There was a table in the center of the room covered in a table cloth following the color pattern. Behind the table sat a bizarre man on the same deep blue colored chair and a half.  

The man wore a black suit and white gloves. His nose was reminiscent of Pinocchio's, and his white hair was tucked behind pointed ears. The mans eyes were bloodshot beneath large bushy, black eyebrows. 

A young woman stood next to the man clad in a short-sleeved blue dress. There were five golden buttons in the front of the dress outlined in a black circle, outlined itself in a blue circle, then outlined again in a black circle. Beneath the dress, the woman wore black leggings and knee-high blue boots. On top of her chin length white hair was a blue attendants hat. Golden eyes gazed out from beneath short bangs. In her blue gloved hands she held a tattered brown tome. 

A chair that resembled a harp on the opposite side of the table sat Makoto Yuki. Before he had time to grasp his surroundings, the bizarre man spoke. 

"Welcome to the Velvet Room. My name is Igor. ...I am delighted to make your acquaintance." Before Makoto could interject he continued motioning towards the woman. "This is Elizabeth. She is a resident here. Like myself." 

"Pleased to meet you." Elizabeth stated. 

"Where is this place?" Makoto asks. 

"This place exists between dream and reality. Mind and matter." Igor answered. "It's been years since we had a guest." 

Igor put his hand over the table, and a red booklet appeared. He then waved his hand and it opened. It was the contract the mysterious boy had made Makoto sign.  

"Only those who have signed the contract can enter this place." Igor continued. "Henceforth, you shall be welcome here in the Velvet Room."  

"Then is that boy connected to here?" Makoto asks. 

"All will be revealed in due time." Igor replied vaguely. "You are destined to hone your unique ability, and you will require my help to do so. I only ask one thing in return." 

"What would that be?" Makoto asks deciding that arguing would be futile. 

"That you abide by the contract, and assume responsibility for all the choices you make." Igor said. 

"I understand." Makoto complied. 

"Hold on to this..." Igor said placing a silver key with a masquerade design onto the table. Makoto took it. "'Till we meet again." 

Makoto's POV 

I opened my eyes with a start. I was in my bed. Another mundane day of school had passed and I had made no progress in finding Minako. I sat up and felt something metallic beneath my right hand. It was the key the bizarre man Igor had given me.  

Igor had mentioned being destined to hone a power. Not that anything he had said made sense. All I hoped, was that the power he mentioned would help me find my sister.

A/N 

I probably could have given more detail to the Velvet Room, but the Persona 3 one has so many little ones that are easily missable I feel including all of them is a little too much for both me to handle as a writer, and a reader with no knowledge of the Persona series.