We're not the Same

Third Person POV 

When Makoto came to he was in the Velvet Room. Everything was exactly the same as it had been the last time he was called there. Even Igor and Elizabeth seemed to not have moved an inch.

"Welcome back dear guest." Igor said catching Makoto's attention. "It appears you fell unconscious after awakening to your power."

Makoto started, but Igor continued calmly, "It's nothing to worry about. Relax a little." 

Though, Makoto couldn't truly relax, he listened attentively.

"It seems it was Orpheus who heeded your calling." Igor stated "Very interesting indeed. That power is called a Persona. It is a manifestation of your psyche.

"I don't care so much what it is," Makoto interjected, "How it can help me achieve my goals?"

"You must fully comprehend what it is in order to wield it properly and help it grow." Igor replied. "Your power is still weak."

"How can I make it stronger?" Makoto asked.

"A Persona is a facet of your personality that surfaces as you react to external stimuli." Igor said, "When you use your Persona ability, you must channel your inner strength. The ability evolves as you develop emotional ties with others.

"I don't have the time to create such ties." Makoto retorted.

"Then you must make time." Igor argued, "The stronger your ties with others, the more powerful your Persona ability. Though I warn you, the strength of a genuine bond is far harder to deteriorate than an artificial bond. Please remember that.

Makoto did not reply. Igor had won.

"Now then," Igor continued, "Time marches on in your world. I shouldn't keep you here any longer."

Makoto could feel his consciousness fading as Igor said, "Until we meet again." 

Yukari's POV 

Makoto was still unconscious. I was sitting next to his bed in the hospital room. Everyday since the incident I had come, hoping he would wake. I wanted to tell him the truth as soon as possible. Though I was growing impatient. Surely he didn't need this much sleep. As if answering my thoughts, his bedsheets rustled with movement. 

Makoto's POV 

I slowly lifted my eyelids and blinked at the light.

"Are you awake?" I heard a voice say accompanied by frantic movement.

I turned my head towards the source of the noise. Though my vision was still a little blurry, I recognized Yukari standing at the edge of the bed.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Where am I?" I ask in response. Refraining from asking why she was there.

"The hospital." She replied. It made sense that I would be taken here. Though her next comment confused me.

"Geez, I thought you were going to sleep forever! It's been a whole week!"

A whole week? In the Velvet room it felt like I talked to Igor for minutes. Was I in there for an entire week?

"I'm glad you're okay though." Yukari states taking me from my thoughts. "I was worried."

The genuine concern lacing her voice kept me quiet. It reminded me of Minako. Perhaps what Igor mentioned wouldn't be as hard as I perceived it.

"Um..." Yukari started, "I... know about your past. You're parents died in the accident here ten years ago, right?"

"They did." I replied. My optimism draining. If she knew my parents fate...

"My dad died in that accident as well." Yukari stated.

The direction she took surprised for a second, before furiosity took hold.

"I wanted to know you weren't alone." Yukari said, as though she truly cared.

"Don't make me laugh." I retorted.

"Huh?"

"You bring up the similarities in our situations then completely neglect the key factor that makes them different."

I didn't give her time to respond before saying what I've been wanting to tell Junpei so he would leave me alone.

"Don't lump us together when you're not acknowledging all the facts."

"I thought it would be insensitive-"

"Insensitive? So it's insensitive to bring up my twin sister, a matter you can't relate to, but it's not insensitive to bring up my parents a matter in which you can!?"

Yukari opened her mouth, and closed it again, unable to find words to respond. I barely registered that I was sitting up now. Fury still filled my veins. "Just leave." I told her.

Yukari quickly got up and walked to the door. Though before she left she said, "Kirijo-senpai wants to talk to you. Come to the fourth floor meeting room after school tomorrow."

I chose to remain quiet, and she left the room. Sorrow replaced fury. If Yukari knew about my past, Mitsuru probably did as well. Any chance at asking to help me look for Minako, had vanished.

Teal Haired Girl's POV 

Red flashed and I turned. The school rooftop was empty. I had found myself attracted to this place after speaking to the blue haired boy. Sadness and longing had filled his eyes when I told him I didn't know a brunette with red eyes. Searching on my own had resulted in no information. Just a strange sense that the person we were looking for, was somewhere at school.