Awakening

Makoto's POV 

I was walking around school looking for any students I didn't recognize before heading to the roof. As fruitless of a venture as it was I still did it for the tiny scrap of hope. It was growing exhausting avoiding Junpei's constant attempts to hang out and dodging prying questions. I still hadn't asked Yukari or Mitsuru anything  because I knew they wouldn't let it go.

"Moriyama-san, please stop." I hear an unfamiliar voice says ahead of me. 

Straying from my thoughts I see a teal haired female student on the floor, her belongings strewn around her. An orange haired female student stood above her seemingly leading a small group of bullies.  

"Why?" The orange haired girl teased. "We're just inspecting your personal belonging?" 

"That's goody-goody Fuuka for you." One of the other bullies said. "She's got no fun stuff on her." 

"Continue to behave yourself." The orange haired girl called as she and the bullies ran away. 

I had reached the first of the teal haired girls belongings. Seeing no reason not to, I bent down and helped the girl pick them up. 

"Thank you very much." The teal haired girl says as I gave her what I had picked up of her belongings.  

"Can I ask you something?" The words fell out of my mouth before I could stop them.  

"What is it?" The teal haired girl asked. 

"Have you..." I hesitated. Every time I had asked the question, the same answer had emerged. Was it worth asking again? 

"Have I what?" The teal haired girl inquired further. 

"Have you seen a brunette with red eyes?" I finally asked. 

"A brunette with red eyes?" She repeated, "I don't recall anyone with that physical description. Are you looking for someone?" 

"No." I answered flatly. "Forget I asked." 

I walked away without giving the girl a chance to argue. The roof held no answers, even though that was where I was closest to Minako. I couldn't give up yet. Its only been a few days. 

An idea popped into my head. It was so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. Though I had to plan it carefully. Especially since both Mitsuru and Yukari are awake during Midnight. 

Yukari's POV

Mitsuru, the chairman and I were in the command room. Mitsuru and I sat in front of the security system. We were spying on Makoto for the second night in a row. He seemed to be aware of the cameras in his room. Though he acted normal. He did his homework and read a bit before going to bed. 

"No changes from last night?" The chairman asks. 

"Its safe to say he has the potential." Mitsuru replies.

"That seems to be the case." The chairman affirms. "Given he hasn't transmogrified or become their prey." 

"I still feel a little guilty spying on him." I stated.  

Before anyone could reply a message comes in. 

"Operations room." Mitsuru says as she picks it up. 

"You're not going to believe this, this thing is huge." Akihiko's voice sounds form the intercom. 

Something shook the building. 

"Did he bring it here?" I ask no one as we run down to the first floor. 

Akihiko is slumped against the door wearing his school uniform except with a red sweater vest instead of a black jacket. His right, blacked gloved hand held his other arm just above the elbow.