Chapter 4: Shopping with Mind Chaos

Somewhere in the midst of Brittany's new roommate and his dog still arguing despite the obvious language difference, the girl had already hopped out of the chair to stretch her aching muscles. It appeared that she had been asleep for quite some time, as her legs gave out for a moment when she tried to stand upright. Gasping, she gripped one of the arms of the worn out chair for support and rested for a moment to allow for proper blood flow.

The Grinch ceased his quarrel with Max for a moment to turn his head to the sound behind him. Oh, yes, he almost forgot that he had a guest!

"How long have I been out for?" He heard her ask, honey brown eyes narrowing in concentration as she tested some weight on her legs. The green Who watched her struggle for a moment, eyeing her movements as she began to relax and stretch, bones popping in the process. She looked much healthier now, and for some strange reason, that fact made him feel relieved. However, saying he was relieved would imply that he was worried for her while she was passed out cold for a full day, and the mere thoughtof that made him gag inside. This girl was nothing but a delusional lost Who...thing (even if she definitely didn't seem like it. The Whos were so much more jolly, and this girl was so...not. He'd have to ask about this later.). He decided he was relieved that she was now healthy simply because he could kick her out sooner, and they'd never have to see each other again. Yes, that was it!

Quite pleased in his reassuring of himself that he wasn't becoming soft, or something disgusting like that, the male responded to her question finally.

"Long enough for you to not look dead anymore," he goaded with a nonchalant smirk and shoulders hunching upwards in a shrug. Brittany glared at his teasing, lips tight.

"Is this how every conversation is going to go while I'm here? You poking fun at my potential death?"She replied in irritation, sighing as she cracked her neck. The Grinch dismissed her with a hand wave.

"You act like that's a bad thing. You're not dead because I saved you, which means I'm allowed to "poke fun" as much as I want!"

Realizing she was going to get nowhere with the practical man-child in front of her, the girl instead rolled her eyes and sighed. If he wanted to be childish about it, then fine.

"Just tell me how much time has passed," she firmly asked again with a sniffle, rubbing a temple with her fingers. She wondered if she'd ever get to have a real conversation with the Who without his lack of manners getting in the way.

The Grinch pouted, his lip jutting out comically as he crossed his arms. "Humph! Ungrateful and sassy! I should throw you back out into the snow right now!" He threatened, but Brittany could sense a large amount of bluffing coming from him.

"Alright, alright," she backed down with a sigh. "Thank you for saving me, really, and letting me stay in your home for a while." She paused for a moment, then side-smiled. "It's an honor to be graced with your presence," she finished, sugarcoating her words with a bow. The Grinch felt better now, happy that he got the recognition he so deserved, and visibly relaxed. Wow, she really had to bend over backwards for this guy, huh?

"That's more like it!" He replied, straightened his back, then answered her question after waiting for a moment.

"You've been out cold for a day." Brittany nodded slowly, letting that register into her mind. A day, huh?

"That makes sense, I guess," she said, mostly to herself as she inspected her crudely bandaged fingers. The wrappings were slightly bloody, but they'd be good for a couple more hours. She'd just re wrap them herself when the time came - it was quite obvious that the Grinch didn't know much about proper first aid. Sure, he had lived alone for years, but it didn't seem like he got hurt a lot; if he did, mediocre wrapping probably sufficed. Or, maybe he knew first aid quite well, but just didn't care to give her careful treatment. She was still a stranger to him, after all.