Chapter 5

Star-Lord pushes past Heather and kicks the broken window beside her open. It didn't require too much effort as it was badly damaged earlier. The group take turns jumping out of the watchtower, through the opening. Once they're all out safely Quill runs over to a window and pointing to a brightly coloured ship outside he says: "Yeah! There it is. Get my ship. It's the Milano, the orange and blue one over in the corner."

Heather almost drops Kleintje, who had jumped into her cupped hands as they were climbing out of the watchtower.

Wait, wait, wait, wait. What?! The Milano?! That's my name! Is this Peter, Peter Jason Quill? Is this idiot standing in front of me, my Peter? The scrawny kid from Missouri Peter? Supposedly-dead-and-missing Peter? Is this even possible? It's impossible, right???

Heather hungrily searches Quill's face for similarities and finds it harder and harder to deny that Screw-Loose is actually Peter Jason Quill. She sucks in a deep breath and places Kleintje on a box so she can go over to tap him on the shoulder.

"When we're aboard, we need to talk," she says with as much authority as she can muster.

Quill looks slightly confused but nods before walking away to get his stuff from his box. Heather quickly sets off to find her own box (which is marked Milano, Hether). Heather shakes her head at the mispelling and as she holds all of her garments in two balled fists she realises that she'll need something to transport them in. Fortunately, Groot and Kleintje are sitting together close by.

"Groot?" she asks, "Do you mind if I borrow the sack you tried to kidnap Quill in?"

He shakes his head lumbers away to fetch it. She takes it gratefully and shoves her belongings into it, excluding her guns and holster which she promptly attaches around her waist, just in case.

"Let's go," Gamora says.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Quill says, worriedly searching through his bag.

"What?"

"That bastard didn't put it back."

"Put what back?"

Rocket and Heather exchange glances.

"Here," Quill says, thrusting his bag at Gamora, "Get them to the ship. I will be right back."

"How are you gonna possibly . . ."

"Just keep the Milano close by."

•*¨*•.¸¸♪•*¨*•.¸¸☆*・゚•。.•*¨*•♬✧

"Well, how's he gonna get to us?" Rocket demands.

"He declined to share that information with me."

"Well, screw this, then! I ain't waiting around for some humie with a death wish. You got the Orb, right?"

"Yes," Gamora goes into the bag and retrieves . . . a wrapper.

She tosses it aside and looks into Peter's bag in horror. Heather sighs in relief. She feels anxious and fearful for Quill. She wants nothing more for him to return but at the same time she doesn't want to face him yet.

"If we don't leave now, we will be blown to bits," Rocket states, breaking the tense silence.

"No!" Gamora barks. "We're not leaving without the Orb."

"Behold," Drax says in wonder as he looks outside the window.